UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharepoint List Displaying Limited Records, Access 2016    

AnthonyMA
post Jun 8 2020, 05:13 AM
Post#1

Because we've been in lockdown since the end of March, I have not looked at our school database until today. I notice that the SharePoint list a) only contains 500 records, and b) is displaying data that relates to last year. The most up-to-date data is in SharePoint because, when I go there, I can see it when I search for all records above a particular ID. It's the 500 figure in the Access list that suggests to me something has happened since the end of March to limit the displayed records to this particular subset. I've created a view within SharePoint that provides me with the data I need but I can't see how to persuade Access to use it. Right-clicking on the list in Access brings up a "Modify columns and settings option" but all that does is take me to SharePoint with no indication there how to persuade Access to use the view that works. Anyone been here?

TVM

--------------------
With best wishes - Anthony
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 8 2020, 08:14 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. In Access, got ti External Data tab and click on New Data Source to create a new linked table from SharePoint.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

AnthonyMA
post Jun 8 2020, 08:19 AM
Post#3

Thanks for the reply. The problem is not with linking to the list; it's that the resulting table is currently (always used to work properly) only displaying 500 out-of-date records, and I can't see what is necessary to update what is displayed to include all current records.

--------------------

theDBguy
post Jun 8 2020, 08:23 AM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Okay, just as a test though, since you created a new view in SP, what do you see in Access if you create a new link to that new view? Is it also limited?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 8 2020, 08:44 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

It's often been my experience that trying different suggestions--not dismissing them out of hand--tends to be more effective in identifying otherwise mysterious seeming problems.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

AnthonyMA
post Jun 8 2020, 08:47 AM
Post#6

The trouble is that you don't get an option to select a view, and deleting the link and re-adding it doesn't make a difference

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 8 2020, 09:03 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

That leads to the question as to whether the link is actually being made to the correct SharePoint List?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
Beginning SQL Server

AnthonyMA
post Jun 8 2020, 09:10 AM
Post#8

After much experimentation with Excel (which works), and a new DB (which also works), I discovered that all that was required was a compact and repair. Thanks so much to both of you for helping my thought processes.

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 8 2020, 09:22 AM
Post#9

UA Admin

Congratulations on solving the problem.

Continued success with your project.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

theDBguy
post Jun 8 2020, 09:44 AM
Post#10

UA Moderator

Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th July 2020 - 11:34 AM