UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Emaildatabaseobject Be Linked To A Table Field?, Access 2010    

ottaway
post Dec 5 2013, 05:05 PM
Post#1

I have Access 2010 64 bit on Win7. My database has a table called CONTACTS, it contains the names of different people plus their email address. The names and their email addresses changes often and I input the changes manually. I also have several reports and a macro that uses EMailDatabaseObject to send a selected report to an email address. Right now, every time a recipient and their email address changes, after I update the CONTACTS table, I copy the address from the email address field in the CONTACTS table and paste it into the TO field in the Macro. Is there anyway I can link the TO field to the email address field in the CONTACT Table so I don't have to copy and paste when there is a change?
would appreciate some help on this one. Thanks ... RO
Go to the top of the page

tina t
post Dec 5 2013, 09:38 PM
Post#2

well, if the To argument in the macro action calls for a String (Text) data type, which i'm guessing it does, then you might be able to use the DLookup() function to pull the email address from your table. DLookup() returns a String value. suggest you read up on the macro action argument in Access Help, to see what it tells you, and also read up on the DLookup() function, ditto.
don't have A2010, so that's the only suggestion i have to offer.
hth
tina

chamopak
post Nov 22 2019, 02:12 PM
Post#3

I know this is an old post but has anyone been able to do so?

SO Instead of writing a full VBA, to be able to use the Report name as a filter to find the email address in a table?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2019 - 08:31 AM