UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avoid Repeating Conditional Formatting 365 Times., Office 2013    

jrick
post Feb 13 2020, 10:02 PM
Post#1

In the top six rows of spread sheet are 12 monthly calendars. Jan through December. Below are rows of tasks that must be completed during the year. It is a large spreadsheet. In the lower table starting at V13 are columns for Jan through Dec. The 90 rows below 13 (so Far) contain task in column "V" I would put the date in Jan the task is due. If its monthly there will be a date in each column representing the 12 months. Some tasks may be in only one month and any combination between once and every month. The task at hand. For each date in the calendars above. Look at the column below for that month If that date appears in the column format the date (yellow) So when planning a new task it will be easy to see I have something on that date with out scanning the list and trying to determine what date is open. Additional information. Because I was having difficulty working with The names January through December headings in the calendar, and Jan through Dec in the columns below All are actually dates 1/1/2020 through 12/1/2020/ The calendars are simply formatted mmmm and the Columns formatted mmm. Conditional formatting works but I was hoping to avoid 365 repetitions for the calendars in the header. Note:In header I selected version 2013 was newest in list, under about my states Excel for office 365. I was told it was 2016
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Compliance_Calendar_2020.zip ( 69.5K )Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

cheekybuddha
post Feb 14 2020, 02:41 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Moderator

Do you have a question? Or is this an example of how to achieve what's mentioned in the thread title?

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

jrick
post Feb 14 2020, 08:06 AM
Post#3

Thank you for responding, and apologies for not being clear. Question started with "the task at hand " bad wording I guess.
Question: How do I, For each date in the calendars above. Look at the column below for that month If that date appears in the column format the date in the calendar (yellow).
This will allow me to see quickly the dates in the calendar that have nothing scheduled when I am scheduling a new task below.
thank you again.
j rick

Vince
post Feb 14 2020, 09:38 AM
Post#4

With the way you have it set up I'm not sure you can do the lot in one go, but you can certainly achieve your aims per month so you may have to set up 12 format rules.

I have got it work for February with the following:

Applies to:
$J$3:$P$8
Formula:
=COUNTIF($X$14:$Y$83,J3)

jrick
post Feb 14 2020, 09:53 PM
Post#5

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you time.
J Rick

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th February 2020 - 06:11 PM