UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Creating A 2 Plus/minus Range From A Given Number, Access 2013    

Lagerca
post Nov 13 2019, 07:11 PM
Post#1

Good evening. I am trying to come up with a simple formula to create a Range from a given number.

Individuals begin our Holiday Season program with a Weigh In (lbs) field [WInNo]. At end of the 6 week program, the individual records his/her Weight (lbs) field [WOutNo]; I then calculate the difference as: DiffWOutWIn: [WOutNo]-[WInNo]

So, if I weigh in at 170 lbs and weigh out at 165 lbs; my result = -5 lbs, I lost pounds, no problem here.

Our goal though for this program is for the individuals to maintain their weight within a "plus or minus 2 lbs" during this 45 day period; this is not an exercise event to lose weight; but too maintain. If they maintain their weight "+/- 2 lbs", they are awarded 5 pts at the end of the program; there are other activities within the program to gain other points. If they gain more than 2 lbs or lose more than 2 lbs; no points are awarded. However; we also measure Body Fat % and there are points allotted here for reducing BF%

Back to the Q: What would be a good formula to use with this goal in mind to award them the 5 pts if they fall into a particular range of their "Weigh In" event, using the three fields? Thank You kindly... Curtis.
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2020 - 03:31 PM