UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blanks and Zeroes    

newguy2access
post Aug 5 2002, 12:38 PM
Post#1

I've been trying to figure this one out forever. I copy a cashflow statement from one program (Argus) and dump it into Excel. Then I link the cells from that dump to another worksheet in the same workbook. I have to go into the dump by hand and fill in zeroes where blanks are, or the linked cells won't compute. There is no way for me to get Argus to insert zeroes where blanks are. Is there any way for me to automattically have all blank cells in the dump fill zeroes in? Thanks very much for the help!
Go to the top of the page

larai
post Aug 5 2002, 04:24 PM
Post#2

I'm using Excel XP and if I highlight a range where some cells have data and some cells are blank, I can do a replace with nothing on the find what line and a 0 on the replace with line and have it fill the blank cells w/0.
It was kind of flaky the first couple of times I played with it, but now it's doing it consistently...

BradKennedy
post Aug 5 2002, 08:12 PM
Post#3

Author of post 100,000!

newguy2access
Could you post a copy of the workbook so I can see what's happening here? I'll give it my best.
Regards,
Brad.

Scomac
post Aug 6 2002, 05:09 AM
Post#4

Below is a statement that will loop through a specified range find all blanks and replace with 0 for arguments sake im starting the range at H5 and im looping down to the last cell in that range. If you need help to identify your range let us know.
im rngFirstCell, rngLastCell, rngColF
rngFirstCell = "H5"
rngLastCell = Range(rngFirstCell).SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row
rngLastCell = "H" & rngLastCell
rngColF = rngFirstCell & ":" & rngLastCell
For Each C In Range(rngColF)
'C.Select
With C
If C = "" Then
C.Value = "0"
Else
End If