UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Example Of The Widest Possible Protection, Access 2016    

gemmathehusky
post Jun 21 2019, 12:41 PM
Post#21

UtterAccess VIP

you mentioned "protected as broadly as possible.". I think what everyone is trying to show you is just how difficult that is.

In addition, it's worth looking at Wayne Phillips CodeProtector on everythingaccess.com. He demonstrates how a compiled .de database retains enough symbolic information to be effectively reverse-engineered back to the original code, irrespective of whatever protection you use. fwiw, I always use his codeprotector on any database I distribute.

--------------------
Dave (Male)

(Gemma was my dog)
Go to the top of the page

WildBird
post Jun 23 2019, 10:18 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess VIP

Oi Mylton, tudo bem?

Eu nao falo portugues, mas entendo pouco. Vc ingles eh muito bom!.

Will write English for others following this.

Security. I am working on 'secure' files at this project. I have to deal with text files and import and export these, so I need to encrypt these, for this I use WinZip or 7Zip, all automated from Access front end. The data is stored 'temporarily' in Access. Not one person here supports Access. All architects, technical managers etc all say Access is not up to standard, but I continue to use it as there are other issues with getting SQL Server here (political, not technical). I have encrypted the Access database, and is on a network that only has certain users able to access it, but as everyone else has pointed out, if you want it secured, dont store data in Access.

Saude

--------------------
Beer, natures brain defragging tool.
Go to the top of the page

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th July 2019 - 07:11 PM