UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vehicle Assignment Scheduling Structure, Access 2016    

dacquistos
post Oct 4 2019, 02:47 PM
Post#1

I'm attempting to optimize table structure for a vehicle reservation/assignment database. Users submit a reservation for a vehicle type for a date range, then an admin assigns a vehicle, and the user checks the vehicle back in when completed. The business process has changed from a user requesting a vehicle a day or so ahead of time to now requesting it at least a week ahead of time. Ideally, I'd like to switch over to a proper calendar booking system - or at least something that would be more flexible in determining what days a vehicle is truly available. This was my first attempt at a junction table format, so it's very likely that it's a mess (my apologies and thanks in advance).

What unnecessary relationships can be deleted in the attached table relationship? Should the table structure be modified?

Thanks for all of your assistance!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_10_04_14_26_03.png ( 113.32K )Number of downloads: 15

Go to the top of the page

zocker
post Oct 4 2019, 05:30 PM
Post#2

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

I have a demo for available/booked items HERE Although its for holiday rental properties, the theory is the same as for vehicles. Consider carefully the notes in the included report. This also allows you to print a spreadsheet type plan of bookings but would need some modification if you change the base table names.

HTH!

Zocker

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.

MadPiet
post Oct 8 2019, 08:01 PM
Post#3

Didn't Tony Toews write something like this for fleet management? Whatever happened to it?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th October 2019 - 04:34 PM