UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Link To A Google Analytics Account, Access 2016    

donniebball23
post Jan 23 2020, 04:46 PM
Post#1

Hi. I've done some research and tried to figure out how to link to a GA account but whatever I'm doing isn't working. Is there a simple way of doing this? I'm looking to do some customized reporting that needs to include GA data.

Thank you in advance.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 23 2020, 04:50 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UtterAccess! welcome2UA.gif

My guess is Google probably doesn't allow direct access to its data repository, but I think it is pretty open to access to the data through their API/SDK/Web Services.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

donniebball23
post Jan 23 2020, 04:54 PM
Post#3

So using External Data > New Data Source > From Online Services > Data Services isn't how to get to it? When I do that I get to a screen to Select a connection and specify connection parameters, but there are no options. I've also read that there is a way via an ODBC connection. I'm confused. iconfused.gif

theDBguy
post Jan 23 2020, 05:04 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi. Again, it's just a guess on my part since I have never tried to connect to Google's data other than the Calendar, but I think that's not going to work. The External Data tab gives us a way to connect to many data sources, but not all of them, and some of them require additional resources for it to work.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

donniebball23
post Jan 24 2020, 12:08 AM
Post#5

Somebody has to know how to do this. Please help.

Thanks

theDBguy
post Jan 24 2020, 11:36 AM
Post#6

UA Moderator

QUOTE (donniebball23)
Somebody has to know how to do this. Please help.

Thanks

Hi. I have no doubt about that, but they won't be doing it through the External Data Tab. For example, here's someone who figured out how to connect Access to Google Calendar. If you want to do the same thing with Google Analytics, you could start here. Good luck!

--------------------

jleach
post Jan 25 2020, 06:37 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess Administrator

The "External Data" connectors are developed for convenience, but include only common (and highly "aligned") data sources. GA is not one of those.

The next easiest thing would be to use ODBC, if possible (which is usually what the External Data stuff does under the covers). Interestingly, it looks like there's a company out there that does offer an ODBC-based solution: https://www.cdata.com/drivers/ganalytics/

That may be a good place to start.

Otherwise, your last option would be to use http and access the api services via web calls. This is how the calendar work is done, and is on the more difficult end.

--------------------
Jack D. Leach
Founder & CEO
Dymeng Services Inc.
Business Software Solutions

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th February 2020 - 03:54 AM