UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
12 Pages V « < 10 11 12  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Outlook Style Calendar For Access Projects, Access 2003    

Rogerk
post Aug 4 2019, 06:21 AM
Post#221

Hello Mr. Peter Hibbs, and thanks,
Thanks for posting this awesome calendar.
You have been supporting this project for almost seven years.

Congratulations.

Members can read this topic and use whatever calendar version they want.

I think that it might be beneficial for everyone to create a new version, complete with all the changes that have occurred over the years.
For example:
1. At latest versions export / import to Outlook command button is missing. I put a command button at the New Appointment form (frmCalendarAppt) to export only one Appointment to Outlook when I make a new one.
2.The small calendar (frmCalendar), I think it would be useful on the main screen (constantly visible on a frmSwitchboard) for a quick switch to dates.
3.The list (qryAppointmentList) can be inserted in other calendars (month / week) on the main screen also.
4.You might be thinking about a process to export an appointment at Google Calendar.
However I will use one of your basic versions in my project.
And sorry for my English.

Kind regards,
Kostas
This post has been edited by Rogerk: Aug 4 2019, 06:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

Peter Hibbs
post Aug 5 2019, 01:31 PM
Post#222

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Kostas,

Thank you for your kind comments, it is always nice to know that someone is finding the demos useful.

I think that it might be beneficial for everyone to create a new version, complete with all the changes that have occurred over the years. I agree and I am now in the process of creating a new version which combines the facilties that have been most requested by users over the last few years. However, I have only just started this project so it will be several weeks before it is ready for publication but I will post it here when it is finished. I have also answered your other comments below.

For example:
1. At latest versions export / import to Outlook command button is missing. I put a command button at the New Appointment form (frmCalendarAppt) to export only one Appointment to Outlook when I make a new one. The reasons that I dropped that facility on the later versions are (a) nobody really needed it because the Access calendar did pretty much what the wanted and (b) the addition of recurring appointments made the export/import code more complicated and I have not yet worked out how to export or import those types of appointments. When I get time I will look again to see if it is possible to add this feature in at a later date.

2.The small calendar (frmCalendar), I think it would be useful on the main screen (constantly visible on a frmSwitchboard) for a quick switch to dates. I guess you could add a calendar to a separate switchboard but I think that will be up to the developer to do themselves.

3.The list (qryAppointmentList) can be inserted in other calendars (month / week) on the main screen also. Not sure what you mean here, are you saying that it would be useful to have the list of appointments for a selected date that is used on the Yearly calendar should also be available on the Monthly and Weekly calendars? I guess this could be done but it would make the main form much bigger and I am not sure that the form would then fit on any size computer screen.

4.You might be thinking about a process to export an appointment at Google Calendar. I have thought about this in the past but I have not done anything about it because I do not have access to a Google calendar so I have no way of testing it and it looks pretty complicated to do in code so it would require a lot of work. Not sure just how many users would use this facility since you are the only one that has mentioned it. Other people have already done some work on this, see THIS WEB SITE for more details, so if you want to try it out yourself then please do and let us know how you get on.

Anyway, thanks for your interest and watch this space!

Peter.

Rogerk
post Aug 5 2019, 01:58 PM
Post#223

Hi Peter,
I'd like to say a big thank you again.
I would like a great modern calendar (white-gray, a cbo for year, month, week, day, arrows instead of buttons for navigation, a small calendar on the same main screen for quick access and the list of appointments to every calendar form.)
Outlook is important in my opinion because with a small freeware program (DeskTask) I keep all reminders on my computers screen and with another utility (G Suite Sync) that synchronizes Outlook with Google Calendar I keep track of my reminders from my smartphone.
I'll try it with your demo.
Keep walking Peter

Kostas

perseas
post Aug 13 2019, 03:51 AM
Post#224

Hello Mr. Peter Hibbs,
Many Thanks for your calendar
I am new here and basically signed up because of this great calendar Demo.

I have one question.
I want to use in the Main form (frmCalendarMain) a listbox (lstChambers) for Chambers and Check Boxes to select a Chamber.
I put a List Box (lstChambers) to the Details of the main form (frmCalendarMain) with row source from tblChambers and a option Group of CheckBoxes (oGroupChambers) with chk0,chk1,chk2,chk3,chk4,chk5, CheckBoxes. CheckBox 0 (chk0) is to select all Chambers.

I am wondering if it is possible to use Check Boxes instead of the Combo box (cboChamber)
Is there any easy and fast method?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Appointments_Calendar_v.3.0o_Chambers_Check_Boxes.png ( 18.92K )Number of downloads: 14

edugorilla
post Aug 13 2019, 04:07 AM
Post#225

good.

Peter Hibbs
post Aug 13 2019, 11:14 AM
Post#226

UtterAccess VIP

Hi perseas,

welcome2UA.gif

Yes, it is quite possible to use Check boxes instead of the Combo box control, I have uploaded a version that does that. If you are modifying your own version then this is what you need to do :-

Change the Combo box control into a Text box control, change the Name property from cboChamber to txtChamber and set the Visible property to 'No' (I have left it visible for this demo so you can see what happens in this control).
Delete the code in the cboChamber_AfterUpdate and cboChamber_KeyPress events (I have just remmed them out in the demo so that you can see where they are). Also delete the last line of code in the button cmdEditChambers_Click event.
Find and Replace every occurrence of cboChamber with txtChamber in the VBA code (all modules), there are 23 occurrences of that name.
Since you can only select one chamber at a time (apart from the 'Show All' option) you would normally use an Option box system to select the chamber (which you seem to have done) except that you are using Check boxes instead of the normal Option symbols. You can do this, if you wish, but you need to make sure they work as Option boxes and not the normal Check box mode. See the attached demo database to see how it works. When you have added the Frame control for the option boxes you should rename it fraChambers. You should also set the Default property value of the Frame control to 1 to set the default option to 'Show All Chambers'.
In the AfterUpdate event of the fraChamber control you should add this code:-
CODE
    If Me.fraChambers = 1 Then Me.txtChamber = "*" Else Me.txtChamber = Me.fraChambers - 1
    Call CheckMode

Note that this assumes that the ChamberID values of the five chamber records are set as 1 to 5, if you should add and delete other chamber records then you will need to rewrite this bit of code so that the Frame control selects the correct ID number for each chamber check box.

I am not sure what the List box is that you have used but I don't think that is relevant for this modification.

Anyway, try it out and let us know if you have any problems.

Peter.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlook_Style_Calendar_V3o1.zip ( 711.56K )Number of downloads: 16

perseas
post Aug 13 2019, 02:16 PM
Post#227

Hi Peter,

It works without any problems. That's exactly what I wanted.
Thanks so much for quick response, your help, your time*, your detailed instructions and the new Demo Version.
Excellent work

perseas

*The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back*

perseas
post Aug 13 2019, 02:51 PM
Post#228

Peter,
Finally I found a small problem.
When I put in some test appointments do not appear on the list (lstAppts) of the year (frmCalendarYear).

pesreas

Peter Hibbs
post Aug 13 2019, 03:11 PM
Post#229

UtterAccess VIP

Hi perseas,

Yes, you are correct, sorry about that (I didn't have time to test everything, that's my excuse anyway).

Open the query qryAppointmentList in Design mode and change the criteria for column ChamberID to :- Like [Forms]![frmCalendarMain]![txtChamber].

Peter.

perseas
post Aug 13 2019, 03:18 PM
Post#230

Yes Thats it. Thanks

perseas
post Aug 16 2019, 01:51 AM
Post#231

Hi Peter
May I ask another question please..
I read your guide 'Outlook Calendar Demo Manual'(Calendar_V3) and i try to connect Employees with appointments, for Multiple Calendars for Multiple Users.
I have o "Compile error: Variable not defined". Because i am not a VBA expert i ask for you help.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlook_Style_Calendar_V3o1_Employees.zip ( 767.73K )Number of downloads: 12

Peter Hibbs
post Aug 16 2019, 12:59 PM
Post#232

UtterAccess VIP

Hi perseas,

OK, what exactly are you trying to do? The changes you have made do not make any sense and when you Compile the code you now get dozens of errors.

If you are just adding a user name for each appointment then I would suggest that you use the 'Chamber' references as your user names. In other words, just change the Chamber names (Chamber 01, Chamber 02, etc) to your user names and change a few labels and that should work. If you need 'Chamber' names (which are really just Categories) and User Names, then that will be a lot more complicated.

Peter.

perseas
post Aug 16 2019, 01:09 PM
Post#233

I want to use the 'Chamber' (categories) as well. Each employee will have his / her own calendar so he / she will enter with his / her username and view his / her own calendar and the calendars of other employees.
This post has been edited by perseas: Aug 16 2019, 01:09 PM

Peter Hibbs
post Aug 16 2019, 04:54 PM
Post#234

UtterAccess VIP

Hi perseas,

OK, I will have a think about it but it could take a while because I am a bit busy at the moment.

Peter.

perseas
post Aug 16 2019, 06:12 PM
Post#235

I'll wait for that

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd August 2019 - 07:27 PM