UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel Cell Value Pull From Sharepoint List Via Vba?, Access 2016    

ITdarkside
post Jul 9 2019, 02:02 PM
Post#1

Hi all, I've searched far and wide for an answer to this, and so far I've found nothing that shows me this can be done so I've come here to ask the question directly:
Is it possible to pull the value of a specific Worksheet!Cell reference from an excel spreadsheet that is saved to a sharepoint list?
I know this can be done via excel vba (which I have no experience wit) but only if the files are saved to a local folder.
Any ideas on how to do this other than manually?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 9 2019, 02:49 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. The thing about files stored on a web server versus files stored on your local drive is that they can't talk to each other unless they are both stored on your local drive. So, to read data from a file stored on a web server, you will have to download a copy of it first to your local drive before you can read it. Of course, you can still do this process using code, so it doesn't have to be done manually.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

ITdarkside
post Jul 9 2019, 03:41 PM
Post#3

That's what I was afraid of. I'm trying to create a report that can be refreshed automatically based on what we already have in place, downloading the file list is going to be our only option it seems.
thanks!

theDBguy
post Jul 9 2019, 03:53 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Right, this is a technological limit. One way to avoid it is to use a SharePoint List instead of an Excel file uploaded to a Document Library in SharePoint.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th July 2019 - 01:41 PM