UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Database Corrupts Daily, Access 2016    

mhagen
post Nov 13 2019, 01:28 PM
Post#1

Hi

I have a database on a clients server that has been crashing/corrupting a couple of times a day for the past 3 weeks.

I have about 45 users and it is a split database. Data on the server and each user has his own front end. This database has been running smoothly for about 5 years.

I have decompiled
Compact and repaired
Removed everyone off wifi
Removed SQL links
Created blank db and imported tables

Sometimes it runs for a day without corruption, then 3 times the following day.

I am at a point where if I can't fix this, I will need to move to SQL

I have seen this workaround, but it involves a lot of things on the network. Has anyone done this:

https://www.devhut.net/2018/06/13/access-bu...ognized-format/

I am really desperate for any advise. crazy.gif

Thank you

Marlie
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 13 2019, 01:45 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi Marlie. Does that bug apply to you? I mean, is your Windows version one of those affected? If so, I can tell you the "fix" worked for me in more than a couple of times.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

mhagen
post Nov 13 2019, 01:57 PM
Post#3

I only work on this database once a week. Even when I am not there, it crashes. I don't think it is the database itself, but either the network, or someone's pc making it corrupt.

Sometimes some of the people can continue working, but for others its shows corrupted. If they go out and back in, it shows corrupted and I need to do a compact and repair.

I have been working on db's for 20 years now and never had this. I actually smiled when I saw I am a member since 2006 notworthy.gif

The IT people says that doing this registry change is a big thing, so if I can fix it without doing the registry, it would be great, otherwise they need to suck up and change it.

Any other thoughts?

Marlie

theDBguy
post Nov 13 2019, 02:01 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi. If something in Windows is broken, there's nothing you can do in Access to fix it. So, I would definitely ask IT to try the Registry fix. However, I also know it didn't help everyone who tried it (probably due to other reasons). Good luck!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

nvogel
post Nov 13 2019, 03:47 PM
Post#5

I suggest you look into moving the database to a SQL DBMS. Irrespective of any actual corruption issues, having 45 users reliant on sharing an ACE database seems like a pretty high and unnecessary risk.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    9th December 2019 - 09:35 PM