UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Issues With A E-mail Sending Module, Access 2016    

cvansickle
post Sep 11 2019, 11:38 AM
Post#1

Looking for some assistance.

I have a group of people that are required to have updated insurance documents. My challenge was to find a way to send an e-mail to the individuals 30 days, 15 Days, 7 Days before insurance expires.

I found a couple great websites that helped me with most of the programming and it works great.

I now have one more thing that I would like to do.. But not sure how to do it..

How it is written, I have two tables - Table 1 has all the information and the individuals (FirstName, LastName, EMail, etc...) Table 2 has the insurance information (Insurance Type, Insurance Company, Expiration Date, etc). I also have a field "EmailSent"

I then have a Queries that pulls the data that I need from both Tables and also has a field to do determine weather it is XX days prior to expiration date (30, 15, 7) all separate queries

I have different Modules (again based on # of days until expired). My Module then takes the query and send an e-mail to that group.

I would like the ability to run/execute/call the module (send the e-mails) using a Macro. So that I can control when to send the e-mails.

The module is called modSerialEmail() and Public Sub Procedure is called SendSerialEmail(). I have tried the Macro run Code (But I am probably not doing it correctly). Is that what I should be using or is there another Macro Type I should be using.

This is the last piece to my puzzle. Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Chad

Go to the top of the page

cvansickle
post Sep 11 2019, 12:06 PM
Post#2

I think I figured it out..

I had to change the "Public Sub" to a "Public Function"

Thanks seemed to do the trick..

Thanks to those of you looking to help out

Chad
Go to the top of the page