UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prevent Sum Duplicating, Any Version    

access2009eg
post May 19 2019, 06:14 AM
Post#1

friends
I have a report with subtotal and grand totals
my problem is I don't want to sum duplicate
I want to sum a distinct number only

you can see this image

I try to hide duplicates but also not work

I try to create unbound control but can't sum this control ==see images in the footer of each group
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture1.JPG ( 93.92K )Number of downloads: 10

--------------------
I would like to Thank you for your help
Go to the top of the page

Jeff B.
post May 19 2019, 08:14 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Not sure I understand from your description. If you are saying you don't want to include duplicate records (I can imagine a scenario where the value would be the same for different records), have you looked into using a query to only return unique records, then using that query as the source for the report?

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

RJD
post May 19 2019, 12:04 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: Actually, I don't see any duplicate records. If you look at the Time on Task for the section with two rows, you will see that they are different values ... so not really a duplicate record. Jeff's suggestion about getting the query to produce what you want first is, of course, the right approach - unless you want to show both rows in the section, but only sum one of the values. This is not clear from your post.

Perhaps you could post a cut-down db and also show us what the report should look like (say, in text or in Excel), rather than just how it looks now.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th June 2019 - 08:32 PM