UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having An Unusual Problem, Access 2016    

ordnance1
post Jan 25 2020, 09:50 PM
Post#1

Not quite sure how to explain it but here goes.

I am in the development phase of my database and have created a number of VBA routines (on click, on exit etc.). Every so often one of those triggers will be tripped and nothing happens. I go into the property sheet for the offending control and no event procedure will show. I click on the ellipse button and select Code Bulider and when it opens the VBA editor the code is there and then it again appears in the property sheet.

This is getting very frustrating since you can not be sure which routines it is happening to. It might be 1 might be more. I can have a Property Sheet with routines set to 4 events and only 2 show or only 3 show no rhyme or reason.

Any thoughts on what might cause this and more importantly how to get it to stop?
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Jan 25 2020, 10:30 PM
Post#2

Sounds like some weird corruption. I would create a copy of the front end that works, maybe compact & repair, and then test again. If that fixes the problem, I would make a copy of the front end after repairing and importing all the pieces into a new database and using that.

isladogs
post Jan 26 2020, 03:50 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Sometimes event procedures can get detached from the object,
For example if you copy code from one form to another, it will appear in the VBE but may not be shown in the property sheet.
If so, the code doesn't run as you stated.

Unfortunately, the simplest cure is to type that into the property sheet. If you type a [ Access will do the rest for you.
Unfortunately, in my experience, compacting rarely fixes it and nor does copying objects into a new database.

--------------------
Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Website, email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th February 2020 - 02:48 PM