UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Date Picer On Accessui Ribbon & Tree Builder Third Party, Access 2016    

Fernando
post Jul 21 2020, 07:51 AM
Post#1

Hello.....
Good day to you all.

I need a help for the ribbon.
I want to have to place date picker with twotext box on the Ribbon.
Right know I use AccessUI Ribbon & Tree Builder third party.
And how I call the value to any form or report.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fernando

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jul 21 2020, 08:35 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I'd ask you why would you want to make your user who is actively on a form have to then go up to the ribbon to use a Date Picker? This is why usually we have the date picker display next to date controls (using a button, double-click event, ...). From a usability standpoint this isn't recommended.

As for your question, what have you tried thus far? What is your XML? I don't use the AccessUI Ribbon & Tree Builder so I can't give you much advice there, but you would need to answer those 2 questions for anyone to be able to assist you.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2020 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

Fernando
post Jul 21 2020, 09:00 AM
Post#3

Hello DanielPineault,

Actually, I need two text box with formatdate on the ribbon.
I have many report awith a range date parameter to open it.
And for the form, I can control how many record show while openning by range the date on the ribbon.

So I don't input every range date while open any report. (Once for All)

The datetime picker is only for easier way to input the date on the textbox on the ribbon. (Not input mistake date)

Any idea?

Best Regards,
Fernando

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 21 2020, 09:31 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

"...AccessUI Ribbon & Tree Builder ..."

That sounds like Kevin Bell's tool, correct?

You should be able to just add the desired tab and text box controls to a custom ribbon. What problems have you encountered?

The way I would do this, actually, might be to set tempvar values for the "FromDate" and the "ToDate" selected rather than trying to reference them in queries.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Fernando
post Jul 21 2020, 09:40 AM
Post#5

Yes, you're right.

I have put 2 Editbox on the ribbon as "FromDate" and "ToDate"
Kindly advise how i get "play" the EditBox to call on the report.
Would you mind to share the example one ? smile.gif ohyeah.gif

BEst Regards,
Fernando

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 21 2020, 10:15 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

I could try to come up with something that might work, I suppose. It'll take a while, of course.

However, I don't think I'd launch the report from those text boxes. I'd only use them to set parameters for the queries that are the recordsources for the various reports.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
Beginning SQL Server

Fernando
post Jul 21 2020, 10:44 AM
Post#7

Sure. The reports have recordsource that refer a query with the criteria.

I really appreciate with your guide.
Kindly waiting for you.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fernando
This post has been edited by Fernando: Jul 21 2020, 10:44 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 21 2020, 04:00 PM
Post#8

UA Admin

I have not been able to create a working ribbon. I may have to reinstall the app to create the ribbon. I'm not sure what the heck my problem is. Sorry. Maybe someone else will be able to do something in the meantime.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

Fernando
post Jul 21 2020, 07:35 PM
Post#9

Feel sorry to hear that.
I hope your application works well again.
Anyway I still waiting for you and anyone else for help me .
Thanks you.

Best Regards,
Fernando

Fernando
post Jul 23 2020, 01:15 AM
Post#10

Hello, any update?
Please to have your advise.

Fernando
post Jul 23 2020, 07:32 PM
Post#11

Is there anyone to do this ?
Please advice me.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ribbon_Date.jpg ( 29.01K )Number of downloads: 3

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 23 2020, 09:23 PM
Post#12

UA Admin

As I said, I've been unable to create a ribbon. Both of the tools I'd normally use seem to be screwed up (to speak technically).

Once you have the controls, the callbacks would be written to respond to the OnAction event of a command button. I'll see if I can figure something out manually, but raw XML isn't my strong suit, unfortunately.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

DanielPineault
post Jul 25 2020, 02:34 PM
Post#13

UtterAccess VIP

You could probably do something like:

CODE
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui" onLoad="OnRibbonLoad" loadImage="LoadImages">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="false">
    <tabs>
      <tab id="tab_StartUp" label="REPORT" getVisible ="GetVisible" tag = "RibbonName:=Rbn_StartUp;CustomTagValue1:=;CustomTagValue2:=;CustomTagValue3:="  keytip = "ST" >
        <group id="grp_Reports" label="REPORT" getVisible ="GetVisible" tag = "RibbonName:=tab_Report" >
            <button id="btn_Report" size="large" label="Report" screentip="Open Report" supertip="Launch the report" imageMso="ViewsReportView" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
            <box id="box_StartDate" boxStyle="horizontal">
                <editBox id="editBox_StartDate" label="Start Date" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" getText="GetTextEditBox" />
                <button id="btn_StartDate" size="normal" imageMso="ViewAppointmentInCalendar" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
            </box>
            <box id="box_EndDate" boxStyle="horizontal">
                <editBox id="editBox_EndDate" label="End Date" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" getText="GetTextEditBox" />
                <button id="btn_EndDate" size="normal" imageMso="ViewAppointmentInCalendar" onAction="OnActionButton" getVisible="GetVisible" getEnabled="GetEnabled" />
            </box>
        </group>
      </tab>
    </tabs>
  </ribbon>
</customUI>

The issue is the ribbon's editBox doesn't seem to support any type of Focus action (to say trigger a date picker), so you would need to add a button next to the editBox that the user would click to launch your date picker. A lot of work. I'd still suggest a simple pop-up form.

--------------------

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 25 2020, 03:19 PM
Post#14

UA Admin

Daniel, I was working on an approach that uses the OnChangeEditBox Callback to set tempvar values for the From Date and To Date for the date range used by the query in the various reports.

I haven't found a way to set a default value for the edit boxes, though. I'd like to do that set a default range of, say, the current month.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

DanielPineault
post Jul 25 2020, 05:42 PM
Post#15

UtterAccess VIP

Couldn't you use the getText callback?

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 25 2020, 06:24 PM
Post#16

UA Admin

I didn't see that option. Thanks. Editing ribbons is not something I've had to do a lot of.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 25 2020, 07:30 PM
Post#17

UA Admin

Once Daniel clued me in on setting the defaults, I was able complete a working ribbon that sets From and To dates that can be used in any date range query that needs them.
The code sets tempvars that will filter the query. You can adapt this to any query that serves as the recordsource for a report.

It also sets the defaults for From and To dates in the ribbon when the accdb opens.

I downloaded a trial version of Gunter Avenius Ribbon Creator to do that.

For some reason both my licensed version of Gunter's tool and my licensed version of the Access UI tool are failing. I think perhaps registry keys got borked somewhere. In any event, this is now working in the demo attached. Sorry for the delay.

Attached File  UATestDatabase.zip ( 82.04K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

DanielPineault
post Jul 25 2020, 07:42 PM
Post#18

UtterAccess VIP

I see George seems to have beaten me to it, but here is another demo to inspire yourself with. I include a calendar button as this is typically preferable to avoid input format issues and simplify data entry.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjYnefG2siYShRq9zPk...-ZDuTq?e=W2bzGx

--------------------

Fernando
post Jul 27 2020, 09:04 PM
Post#19

Hai Daniel,

Good day to you.
I try to open your file but it's blank on start date and end date textbox when I select the calendar.
Is that I miss something?
Kindly to have your advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fernando

DanielPineault
post Jul 27 2020, 09:11 PM
Post#20

UtterAccess VIP

It works fine for me, not sure what to tell you. It was designed using Access 2013 x32 if that makes any difference.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th August 2020 - 08:40 AM