UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wiki Content For Review.    

Jaiket
post Jun 19 2018, 08:16 AM
Post#1

Hello,
Some of the behaviour on the Wiki was not what I expected.

Some of the "Talk" buttons link back to the UA homepage.

The "Recent Changes" page shows only a few changes to the "all" namespace in the last 30 days. If there was a couple more categories (6 months, year), I could have got more of a feel of how this works.

I clicked on my UserName on the Recent Changes page, and I was offered a blank page with my UserName as its title. What is the purpose of this page?

The Content for Review page is not available via the wiki menu, because of a lower-case typo.
Go to the top of the page

jleach
post Jun 19 2018, 10:18 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Hello,

Not sure about the Talk button. The intent was for this to link back to a forum topic in the Wiki forum with the page title as the thread to pick up (or create). This feature has been somewhat hit or miss, unfortunately. Feel free to note any that aren't working as intended.

Re: Recent Changes - 30 days is the furthest out the software has a link for, but take a look at the URL after viewing the history for 30 days and you'll see a parameter in the querystring for the number of days, which you can change to whatever you like (within reason):

...index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&days=120&limit=100

Re: Username - this is a standard feature of MediaWiki (the software that this is built on), allowing users to create a little "about me" page, or maybe you want to store some references, etc.

Re: Content for Review - I forget if this menu is editable by wiki users or only admins, but if nothing else one could add a redirect on the mis-targeted page that points to the correct page.

hth
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2019 - 05:31 PM