UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disable/enable F11, Access 2016    

nuclear_nick
post Sep 5 2019, 09:32 AM
Post#1

Have had a few users email me saying that when they hit F11 now, nothing happens.

Nothing has been changed in the database since they complained about the issue.

The navigation pane is off when database is first opened. I was able to press F11 to view the navigation pane. So have a few other people. So it appears that it works for some, or most, but not all.

I combed through all the modules (even form modules), and found nothing that would affect this, either.

So my question... is it possible that the user has something else on their machine, like a registry key or something is what I was thinking, that prevents a user from not being able to press F11?

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.
Go to the top of the page

arnelgp
post Sep 5 2019, 09:36 AM
Post#2

on Option->Current database
Tick on Use Access Special Keys.

--------------------
Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.

theDBguy
post Sep 5 2019, 09:50 AM
Post#3

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Nick. If it's only happening to some users but not all, even after you give them a fresh copy of your frontend, then it sounds like it might be something to do with their computer, or their Access installation. Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

nuclear_nick
post Sep 5 2019, 09:50 AM
Post#4

Please read the OP.

Thank you.

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.

nuclear_nick
post Sep 5 2019, 09:51 AM
Post#5

Thanks DBG.

That's what I was thinking, that it was something with their installation. I sent them another FE to test, and if it still persists for them, I'll direct them to our 'desktop support' department.

Crossing my fingers...

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick

theDBguy
post Sep 5 2019, 09:54 AM
Post#6

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

nuclear_nick
post Sep 5 2019, 12:19 PM
Post#7

Had just a simple, new, simple db, just a few tables in it, and I unchecked the 'nav pane', but was able to use F11.

And again, I was able to utilize F11, along with a few co-workers I had test it, yet a few end-users could not.

They have been referred to our 'desktop support' team. Let them have all the fun. I doubt I'll hear the answer... probably just "it's fixed... thanks".

<sigh>

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick

theDBguy
post Sep 5 2019, 12:22 PM
Post#8

Oh, well. Does it only affect Access? I wonder...

--------------------

nuclear_nick
post Sep 5 2019, 12:44 PM
Post#9

Sorry for the moment I could not investigate further... we're down two people right now, I don't have the time to dig more into it.

Maybe next time.

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick

theDBguy
post Sep 5 2019, 12:46 PM
Post#10

It's okay. Maybe we'll find out later. Cheers!

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th October 2019 - 08:58 AM