UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help In Calculating Student Atttendance, Office 2010    

jadille
post Apr 6 2019, 01:35 AM
Post#1

Hello all,

I need some help in calculating students attendance based on some symbol used as stated in the excel file attached. Please note that if the students is Late (L) for 3 days (consequtively or not) is equal to one day absent (deducted from /) and also if the student is absent or escape or permission is also considered as absent for that particular day.

Thanks in advance for all your help and contribution

Zadil.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  zadil_att_template.zip ( 23.46K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

tina t
post Apr 6 2019, 04:51 PM
Post#2

not everybody is willing to download files, and not everybody has every version of Access. how about if you tell us what you've done and where you're stuck. describe the problem you're having - in a query, on a form, on a report. what you're getting/seeing, and what you expected to get/see. are you getting incorrect results? are you seeing an error msg? ...?

hth
tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

dflak
post Apr 9 2019, 10:00 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

I took a look at the report, and what you want to do is doable, but the data is not organized in the best fashion for a sustainable report. The data should be organized in a "normalized" format where you only track the exceptions.

With this format, you can produce a report exactly like this one with a pivot table. Furthermore, you can produce it for any month, any student and track trends in attendance and exceptions.

The second question is: are you really using Excel 2003? Excel 2003 hasn't been supported for quite a while and there are major improvements made since then, especially tables, for your application.

If you are interested, I can show you how to set up the data to do this.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

Leo901
post Jul 31 2019, 09:20 AM
Post#4

I took a look at the report, and what you want to do is doable, but the data is not organized in the best fashion for a sustainable technical report. The data should be organized in a "normalized" format where you only track the exceptions.

With this format, you can produce a report exactly like this one with a pivot table. Furthermore, you can produce it for any month, any student and track trends in attendance and exceptions.

The second question is: are you really using Excel 2003? Excel 2003 hasn't been supported for quite a while and there are major improvements made since then, especially tables, for your application.

If you are interested, I can show you how to set up the data to do this.

Absolutely agree with you. Is author sure about using Excel 2003?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th September 2019 - 01:19 PM