UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V  1 2 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Rick Fisher Still Around?, Access 2007    

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 09:30 AM
Post#1

Hi,
Is Rick Fisher still around? I while back I was trying his program and emailed him to ask a question but got no response. I finally decided to buy his Find and Replace so I sent the money but I never heard back nor got a registration code. I sent 2 or 3 other emails and again got no response. My app was basically done and my purchase was mostly in anticipation of needing it in the future and wanting to avoid a "not registered" prompt. I got busy with other things and just kind of forgot about the issue. I now have a new application I am working on and anticipate the need to do an occasional search and replace. It is going to be free for maybe 20 to 30 others to use throughout my city and I suspect they may hit me with surprise changes. Thus not having Rick's program could impact more than just me. Does anyone know what is going on? The email address I have been using is 'rfisher@rickworld.com'
Thanks,
John
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jun 5 2014, 09:35 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I have no clue per se, but from his domain registration, you could always try e-mailing: 'rfisher@dnai.com', there's also a phone number given there that you could try.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 09:37 AM
Post#3

Thanks Daniel. I will give it a try and report back maybe once a week as to what happens. John

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 10:00 AM
Post#4

There is a little date on his web site "http://www.rickworld.com/index.html". It shows 3/25/11. I checked a few pages and it appears to be the only page with such a date. If I read that correct maybe he has not updated that site since then (over 3 years). I also checked his web page news at this URL "http://www.rickworld.com/news.html" and the date is the same (March 25th 2011). That is a long time to go without an update. Someone must be paying to keep the web page up but not updating his product and not taking orders for his product. Interesting.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 5 2014, 10:45 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

I wonder if he is retired or something. He's definitely not as responsive as in the past. That would be too bad because this is one of my favorite tools.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 10:51 AM
Post#6

You can use his address [Removed] to zoom in on what looks like it might be his house. If someone lives near there maybe they could just knock on the door and ask. Its a bit to far for me - LOL. There are people who would know how to find out (skip tracers). I just did a google search "skip tracing" and there was an interesting hit for doing it over the web.
http://recoverycourse.com/blog/?p=143
Maybe if there is no response in a week (which I fully expect) I could dig a bit deeper and try to at least get an answer to the mystery.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 5 2014, 11:12 AM
Post#7

UA Admin

You know you have a successful product when customers and former customers are trying to track you down to make a purchase.

Bob G
post Jun 5 2014, 11:18 AM
Post#8

UtterAccess VIP

i would be wondering if the purchase was "cashed" on his side.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 11:21 AM
Post#9

What does that mean? Are you meaning my attempt to purchase? Nothing came out of my accounts to match it. I was looking for that.

Bob G
post Jun 5 2014, 11:23 AM
Post#10

UtterAccess VIP

if you had sent money or check or credit card or some sort of payment and it was "taken" "cashed" "deposited" or not
xactly what i meant

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 11:30 AM
Post#11

The payment is via email to the very same address but with an encryption system. However that was only 1 of a total of at least 6 emails now that went unanswered (one before my sending payment). So based upon that and his last update to his web site being 3 years ago it makes me ask if he is sick but at least getting someone to keep the web page up and running (paying the bills and doing the critical stuff but not really up to snuff on it all). I tried to pay way back in early to mid March of 2014. Unfortunately the program stopped running and I just found out since I have not been programming very much since that time (not enough to use his utility in that period).

ScottGem
post Jun 5 2014, 11:37 AM
Post#12

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

I purchased the Find and Replace from him a couple of months ago. I did have to send him a followup to get a registration key, but he did response with the key explaining that he was out of town.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 5 2014, 11:39 AM
Post#13

UA Admin

Cool. that's good news, Scott.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 11:41 AM
Post#14

Thanks Scott. Yeah, that is very good news. My research showed his is the best product at the moment. Was your purchase b

ScottGem
post Jun 5 2014, 11:54 AM
Post#15

UtterAccess VIP / UA Clown

I just checked, it was in December of last year (how time flies). This is the e-mail address he sent from:
Rick Fisher <rfisher@rickworld.com>

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 11:59 AM
Post#16

I sent the first email to him after March 4th and the payment about March 8th. I think I followed up 3 times worrying it may stop working. So that is almost exactly 3 months now without responding to email. That is a long time to be out of town.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 12:04 PM
Post#17

rfisher@rickworld.com is the same email address I have been using and as you probably know the same one for payment.
o if you payed in December then it appears as though he has been out of town since December. Not updating the web site in 3 years and being out of town for 6 months is not so good news.
I was kind of hoping there would be no need to use this article on web based skip tracing to get the answer.
http://recoverycourse.com/blog/?p=143

moke123
post Jun 5 2014, 01:31 PM
Post#18

i just ran him through one of my DB's and not much info on him. his family appears to still be around.

bowlesj
post Jun 5 2014, 01:44 PM
Post#19

When I first learned access I read about writing wizards (much like some of what I use to do in unix shell scripting so I understood the basic idea). Maybe I am wrong but I think what he wrote is such a wizard and not a C language program (doable by an access wizard). Unfortunately I am not that advanced and I think it would be a hefty project at that. Hopefully he turns up.

bowlesj
post Jun 8 2014, 07:58 PM
Post#20

Good news. Rick finally responded to my last email and asked I submit my registration request again. I guess he is okay. I was almost ready to post again suggesting something not so great may have happened. Maybe his sales have slowed and he is not checking the email as often as before. He has a pretty good product. I felt the pain of having to use an inferior product just today. Get his product while you can. It is not as good as Speed Ferret but it is still pretty good.

2 Pages V  1 2 >

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st September 2019 - 12:57 PM