UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foxpro Database - Paid Assistance Needed, Access 2016    

River59
post Sep 28 2018, 01:49 PM
Post#1

As I have previously posted, I have been tasked with converting a FoxPro database to Access 2016. Yes, I know that it won't 'convert' but will have to be rebuilt.
I have never used FoxPro but I hoped to be able to get the FoxPro tables into Access, then rebuild the forms based on screen shots provided. I don't even know how to get into the forms, tables, etc. in FoxPro.
We thought that the tables were all stored as dbf files but they are not. I am completely and totally lost on this project. Unfortunately so is everyone else working here since the FoxPro database was built almost 25 years ago (yikes!).

The owner of this company is willing to pay someone to help me get the tables into Access by any means possible. You would have to be experienced with FoxPro. If you know how to do this, or would be available and will to help, please let me know.
Just know that you have to be familiar enough with FoxPro to tell him what you need to have sent to you to accomplish what we need.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Sep 28 2018, 02:00 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Not me but I may know someone, just need to see if he's available. So, just as a last resort, if you don't find anyone else, let me know, and I'll ask him.

Good luck!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

River59
post Sep 28 2018, 02:15 PM
Post#3

Yes, dbGuy, please see if your guy is available.
We are pretty desperate at this point.

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

theDBguy
post Sep 28 2018, 03:03 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Sorry, I went upstairs to talk to him but his coworkers said he's already gone for the weekend. I won't be able to talk to him until Monday.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st August 2019 - 03:56 PM