UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Remove The Extra Blank Rows In Subform After Deleting The Entry, Access 2016    

MMN
post May 7 2019, 08:40 PM
Post#1

Hi Guys

How to remove the extra blank rows in subform after deleting the entry, I just want to show only one blank row for new entry

as in the attached photo, i want to remove the extra two blank rows
Attached File(s)
Attached File  example.jpg ( 70.92K )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post May 7 2019, 08:42 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

How exactly are you deleting the entry?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2018 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

MMN
post May 9 2019, 08:33 PM
Post#3

Hi Daniel

I just delete the data inside the fields but i want when i delete the data that the blank fields disappear too

RJD
post May 9 2019, 10:03 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif

Well, when you delete the contents of the controls, you "blank them out" (actually, probably make them Null) - and that, as you see, does nothing to the record, which stays there with empty control contents. To delete the record, you can follow at least a couple of processes...

1. In the subform, in Design View > Properties, set Record Selector to Yes. This will cause a button to be displayed to the left of the record. To delete the record, in display view, click on the selector button to choose the "row" and press the Delete key on your keyboard, then verify the deletion.

or ...

2. Instead of the record selector, in the subform in design view, add a command button to the record line (say, on the right), then respond to the setup prompts to set the command as Delete Record (name the button accordingly). Then, when in display view, all records will have the command button. Simply click on the button for the row (record) you want to delete, and verify.

Try these and use the method you like better. Or perhaps someone else will have yet another suggestion.

This is not a completely unusual request. One of my clients, a few years ago, complained to me the same thing ... even though the record selector was clearly there. Easy to fix to get the record deleted.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th June 2019 - 11:56 PM