UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corona Virus Impact On Business    

TerryHiggins
post Mar 23 2020, 05:56 AM
Post#41

Businesses in Austria have been badly hit since corona effect in our country. It is looking difficult to recover from the losses in any time soon. We need to stay safe and at home to end this threat quickly otherwise it can put more harsh effects on us and on our economy.
Go to the top of the page

projecttoday
post Mar 24 2020, 01:42 PM
Post#42

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif

--------------------
Robert Crouser

projecttoday
post Mar 24 2020, 01:45 PM
Post#43

UtterAccess VIP

The best idea I've heard yet: every person in the world is required to wear a mask whenever they leave the house. Then this whole thing would all be over pretty quick.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

tina t
post Mar 24 2020, 05:07 PM
Post#44

The best idea I've heard yet: every person in the world is required to wear a mask whenever they leave the house.

probably not.

"Only wear a face mask if you have respiratory symptoms or are caring for someone with respiratory symptoms."
Johns Hopkins

"Only wear a mask if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms (especially coughing) or looking after someone who may have COVID-19. Disposable face mask can only be used once. If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask. There is a world-wide shortage of masks, so WHO urges people to use masks wisely."
WHO

"CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. You should only wear a mask if a healthcare professional recommends it. A facemask should be used by people who have COVID-19 and are showing symptoms. This is to protect others from the risk of getting infected."
CDC

hth
tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

projecttoday
post Mar 24 2020, 05:58 PM
Post#45

UtterAccess VIP

Of course masks don't protect people from getting it. But if everybody wears a mask then all those who are infected will be wearing masks. And they won't infect others. So everyone, that's everyone in the world, should be forced to wear a mask always when they leave home. How long can the virus survive if no one passes it? Right now people who have been infected have been told to wear a mask. Is that working? You can pass covid19 without symptons. Mandatory masks for all would cover the symptom-less.

They postponed the Olympics for 1 year.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

FrankRuperto
post Mar 24 2020, 06:07 PM
Post#46

I have a better idea, everyone just stay home for a couple weeks to avoid any risk of getting infected or infecting others. Treat the lockup as a vacation at homeand do stuff you've been putting off forever. Then the infected cases is guaranteed to quickly disappear. Its the people who are in denial who go out as if everything was normal who contuinue propagating this thing!
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Mar 24 2020, 06:09 PM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

FrankRuperto
post Mar 26 2020, 05:12 PM
Post#47

Status Quo: Had to leave home wearing disposable mask and gloves to buy more supplies. Sterilized myself and everything I bought before loading in car. Drove home, stopped at empty pool, showered first, jumped in pool, showered again, dried off with air blower, put on fresh clothes, then entered home. Not planning to leave home again unless absolutely necessary. What an ordeal and hassle pullhair.gif
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Mar 26 2020, 05:39 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CovProtection.jpg ( 1.31MB )Number of downloads: 8

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

FrankRuperto
post Apr 13 2020, 09:17 AM
Post#48

How is everyone holding out so far?.. As much as Wall Street and Governments try to artificially prop up the stock market, reality is consumption and spending is at a virtual standstill. Millions more unemployed, collapsed businesses. I don't see a quick recovery happening whenever the economy restarts.

As to vaccines, just as an influenza or pneumovax vaccine doesn't protect against all varieties, same applies to CoVid-19. Several mutations exist, some more deadlier than others, and there are people who refuse to vaccinate. So I think we should focus more on creating more effective treatments. It's going to be impossible to prevent the spread of CoVid-19 just as its impossible to prevent spread of a common cold. CoVid-19 is going to kill some people and make many others sick for a while until their bodies can develop a natural immunity, same way it happens with influenza and other things floating around. we're just adding a new variety of SARS to the list of many other pathogens out there.
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Apr 13 2020, 09:27 AM

--------------------

projecttoday
post Apr 13 2020, 09:33 AM
Post#49

UtterAccess VIP

Curve seems to be flattening in New York, so that's a good sign.

I just saw my post #45. Well, it looks like I was fooled by misinformation in the media about masks not being effective at prevention. Masks can offer some protection against contracting the virus as well as spreading it. In fact, I don't think there is any evidence at all that masks are less effective against inbound viruses than outbound viruses.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

FrankRuperto
post Apr 13 2020, 09:50 AM
Post#50

Masks help, but don't guarantee you can avoid infection. Infection can also occur through the eyes, wounds, etc. Healthcare workers have become infected even when wearing whole body protective suits. I think this virus mutates to a more deadly version and rapidly multiplies when it attacks a victim's respiratory system. It seems like we're going through the same timetable when AIDS started killing many people. It's going to take time to develop effective treatments and vaccines that will help most but not all people.

--------------------

FrankRuperto
post Apr 20 2020, 05:15 PM
Post#51

I feel its a wreckless decision to begin lifting current restrictions while the pandemic is not under control. This is going to produce catastrophic results! It clearly shows people are more concerned about money than health.

--------------------

3 Pages V < 1 2 3

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    31st May 2020 - 05:28 AM