UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem With Turning Off Updating, Office 2013    

bakersburg9
post Sep 26 2019, 03:31 PM
Post#1

First of all, I'm a jerk - here's why - thanks to one of the guru's here at UA, I was able to come up with the most awesome macro ever - he deserves all the credit, but I was trying to give it some sparkle, and even though it took about 2 seconds to run - a process that would've taken 2 days manually, that wasn't enough for me - like 2 seconds isn't fast enough - so I incorporated turning screen updating on/off in my code

I was wondering why my screen keeps freezing - then I did some research on the 'net, and was flooded with scenarios where this can cause Excel to freeze - idiot. Grrrr..

So here is my question - what do I need to do now to "atone" for my 'sins' ? I doubt if just removing the code will suffice

If I was working with Access, I'd just do a compact repair and/or create a fresh database and 'replicate' the old db - is there an equivalent in Excel ?

Grrrr....

Edit: One thing I didn't mention is that it took just a LITTLE bit longer to run each time - what's up with that ? This reminds me of the 'bloating' phenomenon with MS Access
This post has been edited by bakersburg9: Sep 26 2019, 03:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

June7
post Sep 26 2019, 05:07 PM
Post#2

Why would removing offending lines of code not correct?

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.
DEBUG! DEBUG! DEBUG! http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

bakersburg9
post Sep 26 2019, 05:25 PM
Post#3

Why would removing offending lines of code not correct?

I don't know, is it possible this is like access - corrupt database....

I fixed it - just got on "old" version ( I do things progressively, with iterations), and it worked like a charm ! Faster than ever ! cool.gif

p.s. I also removed objects - I doubt if that had much to do with it, but it's blazing - what the macro does is open up a total of 120 worksheets, take 7 values off of each, plus the worksheet name, and pastes it to a summary worksheet - it takes like 2/10th of a second to run now - no freezing
This post has been edited by bakersburg9: Sep 26 2019, 05:28 PM

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th November 2019 - 03:56 AM