UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subreport Generated As Pdf Cutting Off Characters, Access 2016    

rlsdata
post Jan 20 2020, 01:58 PM
Post#1

Hello, I am looking at a bug in an Access 2016 project. There are several Access reports that are generated with similar code to this:

CODE
DoCmd.OpenReport "rptNBOBatch", acViewPreview, , "[ProjectID] = " & ProjID
...some code...
strReportName = Trim$(DLookup("[ProjectPrefix]", "Project", "ProjectID = " & ProjID)) + "-" + WONBO + "-" + Format$(Now(), "yyyymmdd") + "-" + Format$(Now(), "hhnnss") + ".pdf"
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "", acFormatPDF, strDir + "\" + strReportName, False
DoCmd.Close acReport, "rptNBOBatch"

The resulting pdf is doing something strange to the text of the output. See the attached image. You can see that along the left side of a textbox, the values in or around "()" are getting chopped or written over. If there are not "()" the text seems to render ok.
Attached File  Annotation_2020_01_20_125046.png ( 115.79K )Number of downloads: 4

Has anyone seen a similar behavior?

Ryan

--------------------
Ryan
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 20 2020, 02:27 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

I would look into the fonts used in the report and how they render in Print Preview and on a printed page to your default printer. Are they okay?

It sure looks to me like there's some character substitution going on there in the output to the PDF.
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Jan 20 2020, 02:28 PM

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th February 2020 - 03:44 AM