UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Delete Specific Sent Mail, Any Version    

dflak
post Nov 8 2018, 12:30 PM
Post#1

Utter Access VIP

Real version 2016.

I have a utility that generates notices on how many emails are in specific outlook folders and sends an email to me with the results.

I don't need a copy of these messages in my Sent Folder and would like to delete them automatically while keeping all the other messages in the sent folder. I can create a rule to COPY the message to the deleted message folder, but what I really want to do is MOVE the message to the deleted items folder or just plain delete it. The subject line always contains the words "Mail Alert."

So far my search has been fruitless. I keep coming up with tutorials on how to make filter rules.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 8 2018, 12:38 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Dan,

The only thing I could think of is to loop through the contents of the Sent Items folder and delete each email if the Subject line matches the email you want to delete.

Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

dflak
post Nov 13 2018, 01:09 PM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

I was kind of hoping for a built-in thing rather than VBA.

However, the sent mails I want to delete are the result of a VBA program I could probably wait a minute to make sure it gets to the sent folder and then delete it.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

theDBguy
post Nov 13 2018, 01:13 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

A "built-in" would probably be a "rule." You might give it a try.

Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th November 2018 - 12:39 AM