UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Query Quit Working, Access 2016    

dg_moore
post Nov 20 2019, 04:32 PM
Post#1

I have a simple query that runs as part of an automated process. The query has been working flawlessly for about 2 years. Suddenly today when the query is launched the error 'Query " is corrupt' is displayed.

The query is used in two different procedures, with different tables:

UPDATE Payments SET Payments.DepositDate = #11/20/2019# WHERE (((Payments.DepositDate) Is Null));
UPDATE tbl_Attendees SET tbl_Attendees.DepositDate = #11/20/2019# WHERE tbl_Attendees.DepositDate Is Null And tbl_Attendees.LuncheonID = " & LnchId

and runs as SQL in a procedure.

I have tried running each as a standalone query with the same result. I have tried running it with different dates with the same result. I have recompiled, compacted and repaired the accdb with the same result.

The same error results when the app is run on 4 different workstations (all using the same backend data).

Any suggestions?
This post has been edited by dg_moore: Nov 20 2019, 04:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 20 2019, 04:43 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Check out this news forum post. BLUF: Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

dg_moore
post Nov 20 2019, 05:03 PM
Post#3

This just in from FMS:

A set of Microsoft Office security updates released on November 12, 2019 causes Access databases to fail when it runs Update Queries to modify data. ...It doesn't matter if the query is against a table in the current database, a linked table, or a linked SQL Server table. If the Access database engine is processing the UPDATE query, the error occurs.

We're running Office 365 and reportedly a solution is forthcoming soon, so we'll just wait a few days. Otherwise the only fix is to uninstall the security update.

dg_moore
post Nov 20 2019, 05:04 PM
Post#4

Yup, just saw this. Thanks

theDBguy
post Nov 20 2019, 05:43 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Did you try the manual update?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

wislndixie
post Nov 21 2019, 10:15 AM
Post#6

How would you do a manual update other than opening the table and going to each field in the table I want to update and changing the value? I have an update query that updates the "payperiod" to a number between 1-26. Everyone was on payperiod 25 and I tried to update to payperiod 26 but of course ran into the problem discussed in this thread. So is there an easy way to manually update all my "payperiod" fields to 26?
Thanks,
Mike

cheekybuddha
post Nov 21 2019, 10:27 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess Moderator

Mike, did you check the thread linked in DBG's Post#2?

The manual update is for Access, not your table! wink.gif

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

wislndixie
post Nov 21 2019, 10:40 AM
Post#8

Yes, I just misunderstood and thought he was referring to updating the field in the table manually instead of adding or creating another query as discussed.

theDBguy
post Nov 21 2019, 10:44 AM
Post#9

UA Moderator

Hi. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. So, are you good to go now?

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    31st May 2020 - 02:55 PM