UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Forward Messages From One Particular Sender?, Any Version    

DanielPineault
post Dec 6 2019, 09:07 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

I am trying to help my neighbor with an Outlook issue.

He is running a Win10 machine with O365, so Outlook 365 and, has Norton 360 and MalwareBytes (should this be relevant to the current discussion).

He forwards certain e-mails to his wife. Traditionally this has worked just fine, but now (not sure exactly when things stopped), he is no longer able to forward Capital One emails. Outlook shows it having been sent, so in the sent folder, but it never arrives at the other end. I tested with other recipients, same behavior. Change to forwarding another e-mail and it works just fine. It is just the Capital One emails that don't work. We receive no pop-ups, warning, server notices, ... nothing, it just disappears.

I disabled Norton's scanning of Outgoing e-mails to see if that would make any difference, and no, no change in behavior.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on, how to remedy this?

Thank you,

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 6 2019, 09:13 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Is it possible the problem is on the other end? I am thinking perhaps that sender has been blocked by a rule on the receiving end?

Is there a black list or something similar in place on either end?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

DanielPineault
post Dec 6 2019, 09:47 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

I checked that on both the sender's and recipient's PCs. Checked for rules, none. Check spam blocked, none. I added the sender to the recipient's whitelist.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 6 2019, 10:11 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Okay, long shot based on a conversation I had a while back with a friend who runs IT for a non-profit.

It can happen that a particular email service gets black-listed, based on reports of spam coming from them. Eric told me he'd had to invest hours in tracking down a problem of this sort, where someone had apparently reported them as a spammer. I don't recall the details, but I'm sure it's something that happens.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    27th May 2020 - 10:46 AM