UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filtered Subforms, Access 2016    

Consonanza
post Jun 22 2019, 11:04 AM
Post#1

I have a form (frmVideoRecordings) containing a subform (sfrmVideoRecordings) which itself is in form view (as opposed to datasheet view). The subform allows me to filter the rows when editing data.

An annoying feature of this is that when I return to a form in which the subform has been previously filtered, the filter is still in place and unless I spot this , I sometimes forget and work under the assumption that there are less records in the subform than is correct.

I understand that that the default state is that the filter is retained in the subform when moving away from a record, so is there any way I can use code to always leave the subform in an unfiltered state when I move from record to record.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 22 2019, 11:42 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

When you say move from record to record, I assume you mean the main form, correct? If so, you could try this in the main form's Current Event:
CODE
Me.SubformName.Form.Filter = ""
Me.SubformName.Form.FilterOn=False
Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Consonanza
post Jun 22 2019, 03:45 PM
Post#3

Yes, I did mean when I move from record to record on the main form. Your suggested code does the trick.

Many thanks DBGuy !
This post has been edited by Consonanza: Jun 22 2019, 03:45 PM

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2019 - 08:52 AM