UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Sheets And Access, Access 2010    

Alexander
post Feb 26 2020, 09:46 AM
Post#1

Just asking if anyone has experience with collecting data via a Google spreadsheet (or maybe an other internet based form?) and importing into Access.

I have a need for such a system to speed up our results data and was thinking that a google sheet may help clubs to upload their positions and then the Access database could import the data and process the full result.

Any help or pointers welcome .. thanks

--------------------
Alexander
Keep using the sunscreen!
Go to the top of the page

June7
post Feb 26 2020, 01:46 PM
Post#2

Why Google Sheet and not Excel? Review https://techcogitation.blogspot.com/2014/04...o-ms-excel.html

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Alexander
post Feb 26 2020, 02:33 PM
Post#3

Thanks June7

Because if you have a number of users they can access on the internet a Google Form to input the data and then hopefully I can import the collected data into an Access database application.

Not all my users have Office 365 so looking at other options for data input.

Thanks

--------------------
Alexander

PhilS
post Feb 27 2020, 08:20 AM
Post#4

Just asking if anyone has experience with collecting data via a Google spreadsheet (or maybe an other internet based form?) and importing into Access.

This is a very vague question.
If you rule out "other internet based form", as it appears in your reply to June7, you need to look at the Google Sheets API.

Another option might be Microsoft Forms. It is part of Office 365, but only the person setting up a form needs an Office 365 Subscription. People just filling out the form do not. You can download the entered data in Excel. This would be a very simple approach if you are happy with downloading your data manually.

--------------------
A professional Access developer tool: Find and Replace for Access and VBA

Alexander
post Feb 27 2020, 09:53 AM
Post#5

Many thanks PhilS and not too vague as I only have experience of Google Sheets and was unaware of the features in 365 as I only have earlier Office packages eg O2010 and O2016.

Thank you for guiding me on this project and I will check our Microsoft Forms. I would have no issue downloading the data manually as long as the data is collected.

I had also looked a website based solution ie a form on a web page which like a contact form, collects the data. The collected data can then be stored on SQL and then on another web page view/sort/search the data in a table.

Google Sheets/Forms I know can collect the data and then somehow import into Access.

Will keep looking.

--------------------
Alexander

Alexander
post Feb 27 2020, 10:16 AM
Post#6

Hello PhilS … I have a Microsoft Account (on Office 2010PP) and tried the Forms and it works !!!!

I was able to embed on a webpage and download the data to an excel sheet.

Just tried a standard template and need to work on how to set up for my needs.

Progress...thank you.

--------------------
Alexander

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    4th April 2020 - 07:42 AM