UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Qodbc (quickbooks) And Access Querydef?, Access 2010    

jimbofoxman
post Feb 11 2019, 03:47 PM
Post#1

Just started trying to work with QODBC for Quickbooks and trying to pull data from their tables. I have two places I need to pull information from.....the Quickbook's Table "TimeTracking" and their PayRoll Summary Report. With the PayRoll Summary Report I have to pull the data per employee or I get a "RECORD TOO LARGE" error, plus it is in a terrible format since it's basically a report.

I don't know if I should put this in Queries or Modules so I posted this here since SQL will be needed. Querying the TimeTracking table is no problem as it's a standard table. For the PayRoll Summary report if I use something like this (SQL below) I get manageable data, but I will need to do it for probably 30 people. So something in a loop I am thinking.

PayRoll Summary SQL is as follows. I would have to change 'EntityFilterFullNames' and 'DateFrom' for every person.
CODE
sp_report PayrollSummary show Amount_Title,RowData as PayType, AmountHours Parameters EntityFilterFullNames = 'Jane Smith', DateFrom={d '2018-07-01'} Where RowType='DataRow' and RowData Like '%Hourly%' or  RowData Like '%Direct%'

The other hitch is that I would need to read two different Quickbooks company files. So I could have two queries; qryCompany1PayrollHrs and qryCompany2PayrollHrs and just change the QueryDefs. Or I didn't know if I should use VBA and Open Connections code I've been seeing. Not sure how running multiple SQL queries would work with connections. I would have to run code for one company and then for the other company as I cannot seem to do it without making sure I am logged into Quickbooks per company.

I would take the information read from the PayRollSummary report, use it for some calculations and hopefully update a record in the the Quickbooks Employee table.

Looking to see if anyone has experience talking Quickbooks with QODBC that might have some guidance/thoughts/input.

Attached is how the data comes out of the PayrollSummaryReport if I run it through VB Demo or in a MS Access Query

THANKS AS ALWAYS! pullhair.gif
This post has been edited by jimbofoxman: Feb 11 2019, 03:48 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  payrollsummary.jpg ( 80.58K )Number of downloads: 12

Go to the top of the page

EspressoWillie
post Mar 17 2019, 05:08 PM
Post#2

Many years ago I tried to get to Quickbooks data via ODBC and other methods. Was always a mess. Last year I decided to try the QB API. After a learning curve, it is SO much better to access the data. (actually usable). Here is the link "developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbdesktop/docs/get-started".

--------------------
Cheers!!

Willie McClure
www.datarim.com
Talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey.

gatzdon
post Jun 7 2019, 02:36 PM
Post#3

It would seem that Quickbooks SDK will only work with the 32 bit version of Access/Excel and that Intuit has no intention of ever updating for 64 bit.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st July 2019 - 08:17 PM