UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving Office 2016 Pro    

MadPiet
post Jun 27 2019, 08:47 PM
Post#1

My old laptop had issues, so I got a new one. What do I have to do to be able to install it on my new computer?
(a) don't. Get Office 365.
(b) Call MSFT.
© other?

thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

Phil_cattivocara...
post Jun 28 2019, 02:38 AM
Post#2

Let's see if I have understood your need.
How did you get Office 2016 pro did you have in your "dead" laptop? Was it preinstalled? Do you have a digital support where install files are saved? Do you have a product activation key or card or... I do not know its name: if you have it, find someone who as the same product than yours, use his installation files and activate it on your laptop with your code. Sometimes if you have a Microsoft account or such a thing you can download the installation kit, providing your code.
But first of all: what is the kind of license? if it was OEM I think you cannot "transfer" the product on another device. Maybe you can install a second copy on a notebook but you have to keep the original "dead" laptop (many years ago it was allowed, now I do not know)

--------------------
Please forgive in advance my horrible English.

MadPiet
post Jun 29 2019, 08:19 PM
Post#3

I own a license for the old version. I guess 2016 is only licensed per computer, not per user. =( Might have to "rent" it now... I think MSFT is pushing hard for the software subscription model.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd October 2019 - 09:23 PM