UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Microsoft Access Runtime Packaged Database Work As A Standalone Package On Windows 10 With Other Ms Access Versions, Access 2007    

Junaid
post Jan 11 2019, 08:59 PM
Post#1

Will Microsoft Access Runtime Packaged Database work as a Standalone Package on Windows 10 with other Microsoft Access Versions say MS Access 2010 or 2016

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Jan 11 2019, 11:10 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Each version of Access has its own version of the Runtime. Are you asking whether you can install, say, the Access 2013 Runtime on a system that already has Access 2010 or Access 2016 on it? There will likely be issues...

--------------------
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP (2000-2018)
Personal webpage
Microsoft profile
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Co-author: Effective SQL: 61 Specific Ways to Write Better SQL, published by Addison-Wesley Professional
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, Access 2013 Bible, Access 2016 Bible, all published by Wiley
Technical Editor: SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL, 4th Edition, published by Addison-Wesley Professional

Junaid
post Jan 11 2019, 11:28 PM
Post#3

I want to install a Microsoft Access Runtime 2007 Packaged solution on a computer which already has MS Access 2016 and runs on windows 10
I will only be using the runtime application most of the time, the full version of access will not be used by the end user as he is not familiar with MS Access

--------------------

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 12 2019, 08:28 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

I'm not sure, but it should work. I've done it the other way round, full version of Access 2007 with runtime for the O365 (2016) version of Access. However, you may run into the lengthy and annoying delay caused by the reconfiguration required when launching one version or the other after working with its counterpart. For your end users, deploying the runtime alone is the logical approach.

Also, keep in mind that you should be developing for users in whatever version they use. So, if your users are all on the 2007 runtime, YOU should be developing only in the 2007 version for them.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th May 2019 - 06:00 AM