UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vba Code Autocomplete Disappearing, Access 2016    

ohiogto1969
post Oct 21 2019, 11:41 AM
Post#1

Greetings Gurus,

I am having an issue, I tried to google it but for the life of me I couldn't get a good search result.

When I am in a forms module and start typing to reference a control. Let's use a combo box for example.

I start by typing "Me.cb" or even "Me.C" and for a brief moment the drop down shows up and will list every

control that starts with those letters. After a second the dropdown disappears and I am left to remember

the control I wanted to work with ugh. Is this a proverbial "feature" that has been turned on or I am the

only one this happens to? I would really like a solution. It is not the end of the world but sure is a pain.

Thanks for looking,

John
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 21 2019, 11:44 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi John. First, let's make sure you don't have any Form Timer actively firing in the background. So, try closing any open form and then go back to the code window and try again.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

ohiogto1969
post Oct 21 2019, 12:02 PM
Post#3

Hmm you must have something there. I closed the other open form and now it works fine. This gives me something to work with. I guess I should have paid attention to the form names that were opened while I was editing. Any recommendations? Thank You

theDBguy
post Oct 21 2019, 12:15 PM
Post#4

Hi John. Form Timers take over the machine/Access when they fire, so you could temporarily turn them off while developing. Good luck!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

ohiogto1969
post Oct 21 2019, 12:18 PM
Post#5

Thanks with your help I will track down the culprit. It was driving me pullhair.gif

theDBguy
post Oct 21 2019, 12:19 PM
Post#6

You're welcome. Happy hunting!

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th November 2019 - 05:48 AM