UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharepoint Linked List Not Displaying All Records, Any Version    

damian.green
post Feb 19 2020, 11:12 AM
Post#1

Has anyone seen this behavior, where a linked SharePoint list doesn't display all records in Access in the linked table and then a couple of days or weeks later it shows back up?

It happens to be the first record entered in the list. It doesn't happen every time. Neither the source nor the linked table is filtered. Refreshing the linked table appears to fix the issue.

IF you new the record was missing and didn't create a new record which would create a duplicate record, when the table eventually showed the missing row (sometimes a couple of days or weeks later) you're fine, but if not, I end up creating a new record, getting frustrated that all the links to the sub data forms need to be recreated and then a couple of days/weeks later, get frustrated that the information wasn't really missing and have to reverse out what I did.

For example today, my linked table with 3 records, didn't show me.... so when I logged in, it errored because it didn't know I was a registered user.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Feb 19 2020, 11:17 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. First question, who is hosting your SharePoint site? Are we talking about an on-premise SharePoint or is this with O365? To answer the question, though, I don't remember seeing this behavior before.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

damian.green
post Feb 19 2020, 11:19 AM
Post#3

On prem.

damian.green
post Feb 19 2020, 11:21 AM
Post#4

I came across this code you had posted a couple years ago and am trying it out.

CODE
Dim tdf As TableDef
For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs
  If Len(tdf.Connect)>0 Then
    tdf.RefreshLink
  End If
Next tdf

theDBguy
post Feb 19 2020, 11:24 AM
Post#5

UA Moderator

So, if it's on-prem, I might investigate SharePoint Farm/Server and network settings, just in case there's something turned off or on when it's supposed to be the other way around. Just a thought...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

damian.green
post Feb 19 2020, 11:30 AM
Post#6

The code caught where I had some tables weren't linked, so after making those corrections, I'm hopeful I can more efficiently refresh / update my lists.

blueman2
post Mar 27 2020, 08:05 AM
Post#7

I had this same exact problem. I thought it was due to approaching the sharepoint list limit of 5000 records and it started me on exploring other options to host the tables. Then I found something that worked. I don't even remember how i found this or which one worked for this situation but I would do both:

1) Go to the linked table view within Access and clear all filters and clear all sorts just in case you have any in effect you didn't know about

2)File/Options/Current Database - at the bottom, check "Clear Cache" and close. Then reopen and re-check default: "Use cache format that is compatible....", then close Access and re-open again.

It was not the list limit, in fact a year or two later, I'm past the limit with no effects on performance.

lex
post Mar 27 2020, 01:35 PM
Post#8

Hello! Do you use this code

CODE
Dim tdf As TableDef
For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs
  If Len(tdf.Connect)>0 Then
    tdf.RefreshLink
  End If
Next tdf

OnOpen of your accdb file?

I have a very large list and it's slow to load a query. I *believe* I could run the query OnOpen of my accdb and it would cache, helping the speed. Do you know if that would work?

BTW, I'm on O365.

Thanks

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th July 2020 - 11:16 AM