UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yellow Ribbon Error Messages At Top Of Window, Access 2010    

Peekay
post May 22 2019, 08:36 AM
Post#1

I have application I am moving out of a shared LAN residence into individual front-end's on each user's desktop. Works fine with two exceptions. When the user opens the database for the first time they will receive two "Yellow Ribbons" with warning messages at the top of the screen. These are apparently modal type because nothing with happen unless the user addresses these warnings. The first one is a "Security" warning asking the user if they want to "Enable". We click on enable and it goes away. The second warning is telling the user the system is in "Read Only" mode, which it isn't. This one is harder to deal with as the only option is to click on "Save As". Which is redundant because the system is already saved.

My question:
How do I make these annoying and problem causing yellow ribbon messages NOT appear at all ?

We will constantly be rolling out this system for new hires and with new revisions. This is a big problem.

Any advice?
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post May 22 2019, 09:12 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

These are both standard features of Office, actually.

The first is related to the default settings for Security. Code (macros and VBA) is disabled by default. You have to either enable content in a particular accdb each time you open it, or you have to change the Trust Settings so that data and macros are always allowed to run. You also need to indicate that locations are Trusted in order for Office to be able to work with files in those locations.

Attached File  BackStageOptions.jpg ( 74.13K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  TrustCenter.jpg ( 153.27K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  EnableMacros.jpg ( 115.38K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  TrustedLocations.png ( 40.16K )Number of downloads: 0

The second problem is that when you copied the file, it was given the Read-Only property. I've seen that happen more than once. Just change it.
Attached File  readonly.jpg ( 125.42K )Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th June 2019 - 05:46 PM