UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Master Link Via Textbox Control Too Complex?, Access 2016    

jsurpless
post Apr 3 2020, 03:07 PM
Post#1

I have a subform that I've set its 'Link Master Fields' property to '[SelectedECBTypeID]' which is another textbox control on my form.

This [SelectedECBTypeID] text box has its controlsource set to '=[FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].[Form]![ECBTypeID]' referencing another subform '[FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations]'

This subform has a recordsource of

CODE
SELECT [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].FBMType_ECBType_AssociationID, [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].FBMTypeID, [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].ECBTypeID, [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].[Default?], [ECB Types].ECBType FROM [ECB Types] RIGHT JOIN [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations] ON [ECB Types].ECBTypeID = [FBM Types <-> ECB Types Associations].ECBTypeID;

For some reason, this is not working and returning an error that 'the expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex...'

I've swapped out the RecordSource for the 2nd subform and no error... so it must be something on the subform but I can't figure it out...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 3 2020, 04:36 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Just a thought, but maybe it has something to do with the names of your controls. Try creating a similar setup using simple names just to see if your syntax is correct. If it works, I'll recommend changing the names of your controls. If it doesn't work, you'll need to fix the syntax until it does and then do the same thing to your actual forms. Hope that helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    29th May 2020 - 08:07 PM