UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updating Records Sharepoint List - Timing?, Access 2016    

lex
post Jun 30 2019, 06:47 PM
Post#1

I have two queries, one that appends records to a SharePoint list, and the next that updates. I'm running them one after the other using vba and the update doesn't occur. I'm pretty sure it's timing as when I perform the Update after execution - it works. I hate to add time just to solve the problem....like sleep

The code is

CODE
  DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryUpdateHistoricalJobStatusFromImport"

Sleep 5000

SQL = "UPDATE tblHistoricalJobStatus INNER JOIN tbl_qsptJobData ON tblHistoricalJobStatus.JobNumber = tbl_qsptJobData.JOB_ID "
                SQL = SQL & "SET tblHistoricalJobStatus.RE=tbl_qsptJobData.RE, tblHistoricalJobStatus.ACT_LET_DATE=tbl_qsptJobData.ACT_LET_DATE, "
                SQL = SQL & "tblHistoricalJobStatus.AWRD_DATE=tbl_qsptJobData.AWRD_DATE, tblHistoricalJobStatus.WK_DESC=tbl_qsptJobData.WK_DESC, "
                SQL = SQL & "tblHistoricalJobStatus.EST_CE_AMT=tbl_qsptJobData.EST_CE_AMT WHERE (((tblHistoricalJobStatus.dtmReportDate)="
                SQL = SQL & "[Forms]![frmMain]![txtReportDate]))"

DoCmd.RunSQL SQL

Excuse the naming.... the first is actually an append

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thank you
Lex
Go to the top of the page

lex
post Jun 30 2019, 09:16 PM
Post#2

It looks like opening the table right (seconds) after update doesn't show the changes. If I wait a minute, it does. thanks anyhow

lex
post Jun 30 2019, 09:16 PM
Post#3

It looks like opening the table right (seconds) after update doesn't show the changes. If I wait a minute, it does. thanks anyhow

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd August 2019 - 12:44 PM