UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Form Data And Table Data Going Both Ways, As Well As To A Report, Access 2007    

CaliLivChick
post Jul 15 2019, 01:46 PM
Post#1

I have a form that I'm making (Accessibility Form), and it needs to populate two different tables (Units and UnitAccommodations). There's a text field (Other) in the Units table that I'd love for the form to populate, and I'd love to make that information to be searchable by the same form, probably by the field UnitNumber. The data that gets input from the Form into the Tables should automatically go into the Report (Accessibility Summary Report), but I'm not sure the Save button works (I'm not sure about the Search button either, so guidance in that would be awesome). I'm not worried about the Other fill-in text going to the Report, there's a check box that indicates there's more information that needs to be searched for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions, I know my descriptions can be confusing. wary.gif
This post has been edited by CaliLivChick: Jul 15 2019, 01:48 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Help_Images_page_001.jpg ( 687.97K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Help_Images_page_002.jpg ( 350.18K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Help_Images_page_003.jpg ( 289.23K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Help_Images_page_004.jpg ( 419.63K )Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 15 2019, 02:20 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

Not sure I follow since I am not familiar with your database, but if you're trying to connect two separate tables to your form, they would typically be related to each other. And if they are related to each other, you would normally use a form/subform setup. I don't think I recognize a subform on any of the images you posted.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

CaliLivChick
post Jul 15 2019, 02:28 PM
Post#3

They both use UnitID, if that's what you mean by related to each other. I screenshot my other two tables, hopeful that would be helpful. As far as form/subform, I just threw together a form that included the fields I needed for my UI, and that's the one I screenshot before. Is form/subform another way of saying Master/Child form? I've posted this question on another site, and someone used that terminology.
This post has been edited by CaliLivChick: Jul 15 2019, 02:54 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Help_Images_page_005.jpg ( 299.32K )Number of downloads: 1

theDBguy
post Jul 15 2019, 02:57 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Yes, I guess you could refer to a form/subform as a master/child form because it uses the Linked Master/Child Fields properties to link the two form/tables. An example of a form/subform setup is if you had a customer purchase order form. The main form would have the purchase information such as name and address of customer, date of transaction, etc. Then, in the subform, you would have the details for the purchase such as the list of items bought, which might include product name, price, and quantities.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

CaliLivChick
post Jul 16 2019, 07:57 AM
Post#5

Okay, I'm not sure how to set that up, is there any way you could help me with that?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th August 2019 - 01:50 AM