UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Planner Demo, Access 2003    

Mickjav
post Jan 28 2019, 08:22 AM
Post#81

Hi masa1 sorry but no I won't release it until I am happy all the works have been carried out but with the works left on my project management system it says it should only take up to a couple of weeks depending on how much time I can put to it.

--------------------
All open code examples and free projects are only available from: Database Dreams
Go to the top of the page

Mickjav
post Jan 28 2019, 04:31 PM
Post#82

Posting this for peter I just created a new Leave type and had to edit the images thanks peter for pointing me in the right direction as me and images don't mix lol

The reason I wanted to add a new type is when I have a day off sick I don't like losing the money, as I get on with my manager he converts the sick day(s) to holidays for me.

Now I have that record you could add a report if needed to see how many days an employee has had off and how many were converted.

Also updated the days left for the new type.
This post has been edited by Mickjav: Jan 28 2019, 04:34 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_01_28__1_.png ( 120.54K )Number of downloads: 56

--------------------
All open code examples and free projects are only available from: Database Dreams

Mickjav
post Feb 2 2019, 04:27 PM
Post#83

At last all my work on the holiday screen has been completed and had hrs of testing I am happy with it both when half days are allowed and not.

Had a lot of fun trying to get the total days booked for annual leave and the new Converted To Holiday In the end I created a table to hold just those types that are deducted from the holiday allotment This has the advantage of not slowing the system down but somebody will prob find a way around that lol.

I am renaming the db to employee example as I have decided that my current diary needs updating so will build a new one in the example for next version
Added a image of both below
This post has been edited by Mickjav: Feb 2 2019, 04:46 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_02__1_.png ( 101.79K )Number of downloads: 37
Attached File  2019_02_02__2_.png ( 92.18K )Number of downloads: 35

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 4 2019, 04:13 PM
Post#84

All I have left now is the holiday Allotements screen then just a bit of checking and adding comments where needed

this is the requests system I was in two minds how to go about this I.E. Code adding the dates of allowing the user to add the date in the end I went for the simple version which worked much better than I could have hoped.

The first image is of the main screen I'm using as a Nav and preferences screen just for this example.

You will see the last button is the requests button under this if the manager/Admin Has holidays to approve red text will be displayed when the screen opens
plus you can see a list of the current users requests with the status this screen allows the user to edit a request should it show as not approved/needs edit

The second image is of the holiday planner with the request assignments screen these two screens work together the list will display in the same place everytime (Thanks to isladogs For that bit of code)

The screen acts like the find screen but allows you to work with the holiday planner as well you can do multiple seaches the holiday planner will light up the employee for you and move the start date to the first week.

The third image is the request entry screen and yes I cheated I copied the holiday edit and recoded it

I am looking at saturday/sunday to being able to upload this, it will be added to a new topic as there is a lot I wish to to with this

Future Improvments:

The Time in service should allow for part time and full time employees it only allows for full time at present
I intend building a new employees works diary wich will be included with version 2 of the employees example

This post has been edited by Mickjav: Feb 4 2019, 04:28 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_04__2_.png ( 83.05K )Number of downloads: 24
Attached File  2019_02_04__1_.png ( 131.25K )Number of downloads: 29
Attached File  2019_02_04__3_.png ( 77.96K )Number of downloads: 21

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 5 2019, 04:00 PM
Post#85

Uploaded a copy of my Employee Example to a new topic of same name I will cross link as soon as it's approved

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 6 2019, 12:36 PM
Post#86

I have added my demo/example Here:

I did add it here but it's not been enabled so might be I haven't enough posts.

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 9 2019, 03:00 PM
Post#87

It's taken me 15.43 Hrs To get to this point I've allowed 83 hrs for the complete works.

I found using the Colour system from the Gautt chart slowed it down to much as there are 18 fields so Added 20 conditions per field with set colours which I think will be more then enough maybe when I finish it somebody will find a way but for now there are 20 colours.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_09.png ( 97.39K )Number of downloads: 63

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 16 2019, 04:02 PM
Post#88

I've added info for the up and coming update which includes the works Diary Here

--------------------

Mickjav
post Feb 21 2019, 04:38 PM
Post#89

Added version 2 of the employees System Example Here
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2019_02_21__16_.png ( 50.45K )Number of downloads: 31

--------------------

mrcunknown
post Mar 7 2019, 02:34 PM
Post#90

Hi Peter,

I'm still very happy with this ... the only thing what i can not accomplice is a read only form. If i make a copy from frmHoliday and call it for example frmHolidayReadOnly It does not show the planning. My Idea if the following; I have a login with different levels. level (admin) can make the planning and level (employee) can only look at it and cant make any changes)

I hope you (or anyone else :-) ) can help me with this
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand__PH_.zip ( 199.28K )Number of downloads: 58

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 8 2019, 07:26 AM
Post#91

UtterAccess VIP

Hi mrcunknown,

OK, this can be done but you have not really provided enough detailed information on how you want this to work so this is just a guide, you will have to work out the exact code you need if this is not quite what you wanted.

There are a few different ways to do this but I think the simplest method is to add a Check box control to the main form which is set to False if limited access is required and True if full access is required. I have added a Check box control called chkAllowEdit to the main form and have left it visible for now so that you can change it manually, if required. When you have the new facilities working OK you should make this control invisible so that your users cannot change it. I have also added some code to the control's After Update event for the same reason but you can remove that code when it is working. I have marked all the additional code with ### so that you can find it easily.

I have also added a new temporary form called frmLogIn so that you can test these facilities more easily and this form now opens at start up. Again, you will need to remove this form and use your own form/s once you have decided what changes you need to the main form/s.

The simplest method, I would suggest, is to open the main calendar form (frmHolidays) from your log in form (or whatever you use) and pass a False or True value to the form in the OpenArgs parameter, False would allow read only access and True would allow full access, the code in the main form's Open event would then set the check box control to True or False and enable/disable any button or controls, as required.

There is some extra code in the sub-form (frmHolidaySub) which disables the mouse button event if the check box is set to False which prevents any new holidays being added to the calendar.

You have not said how you want to handle the various buttons so I have just disabled them if limited access is enabled. This means that the users cannot open the forms to add new employees, import public holidays, print a report, display employee holiday information or display holiday information by clicking on a colored bar on the chart. If you need the users to be able to show those forms but NOT make any changes to them then you will need to use a similar technique that I have described above, that is to pass the value of the Check box to the called form in the OpenArgs parameter and then add code to the individual forms to enable/disable the various controls, as required.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck with the project,

Peter.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ROOSTER_Planner_V2_Werkbestand__2_.zip ( 190.49K )Number of downloads: 122

mrcunknown
post Mar 10 2019, 05:11 AM
Post#92

Cool ... this is what i mean :-) Thnx for youre help! i really appreciate it.

mrcunknown
post Mar 14 2019, 06:19 AM
Post#93

If tryed to find it in the VBA code but can not find it. in the view mode trey is also de Print report button disabled. How can i put this one on true. So people that only have the read function can also print the rooster.

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 14 2019, 11:46 AM
Post#94

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

To enable the Print button all the time, first change the Enabled property of the button to Yes and then remove this line of code from the Open event of the form frmHolidays :-
CODE
    Me.cmdPrint.Enabled = Me.chkAllowEdit               'enable/disable button ###

HTH

Peter.

slynch
post Jul 9 2019, 02:44 PM
Post#95

Hi There Looking to add allotment count as seen in my screenshot. My Company only approves so man employees off at a time I would like the flexibility to define the allotments and be able to track when we have hit the limit so the a vacation can be declined. I would also like to filter/query the chart to display only those that have active vacations.

Thanks all.

SL
This post has been edited by slynch: Jul 9 2019, 02:45 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SS.PNG ( 20.75K )Number of downloads: 20
Attached File  SS2.PNG ( 70.23K )Number of downloads: 18

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 10 2019, 09:03 AM
Post#96

UtterAccess VIP

Hi SL,

OK, so as I understand it, you want to know how many employees have booked vacation days for each day that are displayed on the calendar chart and highlight any days that are fully subscribed based on some fixed value. That should be easy enough but it raises more questions that are addressed below. The way I would do this is to add 28 Text boxes to the Footer section of the form (one for each day obviously) and then calculate the total number of employees that have booked vacations for that date and show the total in the appropriate box (see screen shot below). Any box that has a value of 9 or more (I used 9 in this demo but that can easily be changed) are highlighted in red. The VBA code in module modGeneral has to be changed a bit but it is not difficult.

The first question is - you seem to have several categories of vacation in different colors on your chart, so do these employee totals refer to all categories or just some specific category?

Second, you have several different departments (East, West and Central) so do these totals apply to the employees in all departments or do you need separate totals for each department?

Your second request about filtering out the employees with no booked vacations can be done but the method used may depend on your answers to the above questions.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the above.

Peter Hibbs.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Holidays.png ( 43.47K )Number of downloads: 15

slynch
post Jul 10 2019, 01:52 PM
Post#97

Hi Peter...please see below answer to your questions.

The first question is - you seem to have several categories of vacation in different colors on your chart, so do these employee totals refer to all categories or just some specific category?

[SL] So only three categories will be considered in the total count as the other categories are not counted as Culpable holidays.

Second, you have several different departments (East, West and Central) so do these totals apply to the employees in all departments or do you need separate totals for each department?

[SL] There are on three Regions/Departments and each would have it's own allotment count so the totals are based on the region and their respective employees.

Just to add, in your screen shot I would do the opposite meaning show how many spots are allowed and subtract from it once someone books that date so the red would show 0 once its full if you get me.

Tks

SL
This post has been edited by slynch: Jul 10 2019, 01:57 PM

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 10 2019, 04:57 PM
Post#98

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,

OK, the totals can easily be filtered on specific categories and the totals can be calculated as descending as you suggest (although I am not sure if they could ever go negative if, for example, you allowed a vacation when a date had been fully used by other employees).

Anyway, what I am wondering now is how you propose to display this data since you want the totals for the three departments to be calculated separately! Do you want to show all the employees in East department and then below those names show the totals and then West and then Central department employees in the same way? I think that could be done but it would entail a lot more VBA coding. I see that you also have a Region combo box on your form, does this filter the list by Department and if so, how is this used in conjunction with the totals facility?

It looks like you have designed your own form (based on my original demo) so how do you intend to proceed? Do you have enough information to do this yourself now or do you need any further assistance or what?

More info please!

Peter.

slynch
post Jul 10 2019, 09:07 PM
Post#99

I did not have to modify your original demo by much at all because it dose 90% of what I need. Just to clear thing up a bit the combo box I added filters the department field which is the region (Department and Region are one in the same I just forgot to relabel department to region). The combo box just filters between the three regions. What I need help with is just to count vacation bookings against the allotment prescribed for the three regions with out any major coding reconstruction. Here are the three approaches that I have in mind.

Option 1 (most favorable): based on the region I select from the drop down it will show the allotments for that particular region and respective days that I can define because different regions would have different allotments. As shown in the screen shot attached (our current excel sheet), there are two counter rows. One for the region allotment and one for the actual count of employees booked/filled for that date. Im ok to replicate this logic however I do like your suggestion to just have one row that will show how many spots are left as they are being booked and yes there is a possibility that we could have a -1 count which will show that you have exceeded the allotment. Again if that logic requires to much code change im ok to have the double row of text boxes (52 in total) one for region allotment count and the other for the count of employee that have booked vacation in the selected region. My thought is that the region combo selection should filter what I need based on the region. So for example if I select the East region for Jan 1 the numbers will update to show the allotment count of 5 for example and it would also show that 4 people are booked for that day and so on. If I then need to book vacation for a employee in the west I would select it in the combo box and the numbers would update now showing and allotment count of 7 for the east and only 2 people booked for that day which means I have 5 slots available for that day in the east. If I select all regions it would just aggregate the numbers.

Option 2 Instead of dynamic filtering for the regions with the combo box I would just have three tabs one for each region and have their allotment and filled vacation count done that way. Its less dynamic but it would still work.

Option 3 (least favorable and would hate to do) have 3 separate forms 3 separate employee tables one for each region with their allotments and employee count.

I hope this make more seance now. Like I said this level of coding is quite above my skill set but I am willing to try because the gains will be massive and it will be worth it in the end. Your demo gets me to 90% and the above is the 10% I need for this to be functional for me.

SL
This post has been edited by slynch: Jul 10 2019, 09:23 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  excel_shot.PNG ( 35.6K )Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  region.PNG ( 26.72K )Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  demo.PNG ( 37.08K )Number of downloads: 6

Peter Hibbs
post Jul 11 2019, 11:07 AM
Post#100

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Shannon,

OK, I agree that Option 1 is the way to go but I have a few more questions below. Since you have made some changes to the demo like adding new controls and entering a bunch of employee records I suggest that the best way to proceed is if you can send me a copy of your version of the demo and I will add in the extra bits to do what you want (although the extra VBA code is not that complicated I can understand that it would be quite an undertaking for you to to try and modify it yourself). If it now contains any confidential data you can email it to me (zip it first) if you want or you can upload it to this site, whichever you prefer.

(1) What version of Access are you using? I am assuming it is A2007 or later.

(2) Is this facility to be part of a larger database or will it be a 'stand alone' system, i.e. just the demo database with a few extra 'bells and whistles'? It sounds like you are transferring the data from a spreadsheet into a database in order to make it easier to use and more easily expandable (a very wise choice if that is the case).

(3) Will this database be used on a single PC or will it be used in a Local Network environment where other PC users will have access to the database?

(4) You said that there are three vacation types that need to be counted but you did not say which three! Which types do you want to include in the count and is likely that you would ever change those types to include others or exclude one of those three (we can 'hard code' those three in the VBA code, not usually a good idea, or we can store them in a table which is more flexible but a lot more complicated to code).

(5) How exactly does the Region allotment system work? I can see that different regions will have different numbers for the number of vacation days allowed and that it varies a bit at different times of the year (I guess that summer and winter allocations would be different) but is this always the same for each year or can it vary from year to year? You will need to store this information in a table (which I guess you have not done yet) so that you have a record/s for each region and fields to hold the date range for each period of maximum number of vacations. I am guessing that it would be something like January 1st to March 31st would be (say) 7, April 1st to September 30th could be 10 and maybe November 1st to December 31st would be 7 (or whatever) and that this would be the same each year. Perhaps you can explain further.

(6) I agree that the method to use would be to add another row of 28 Text boxes above the green boxes that I have already done which would hold the maximum allocation for each date and then that figure would be compared to the actual number of employees on scheduled vacation to determine whether to highlight the box in red or whatever (not sure where you got the number of 52 Text box controls as 2 x 28 = 56!). If the count does go to a negative value, do you want to highlight those boxes in a different color?

(7) Do you want to remove any of the facilities that are currently included in the demo? For example, do you need the facility to show Public Holiday dates in a different color or to show the Saturday and Sunday dates in grey or any other built-in features. Since you are starting from scratch with this database you might as well remove anything that you are never going to need as it will simplify things if you should ever need to make further changes yourself at a later date.

(8) What size screen are you using (in pixels)? If you are going to use this database on more than one PC then you will need to determine the smallest size screen in use. We will need to make sure that the forms will fit on screen or maybe you will want to make the forms (the main form anyway) bigger if you are using a larger screen (I normally design any demo software to fit on the smallest screen size that is in general use).

Anyway, let me know what you want me to do and I will see what I can come up with.

Peter.

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2019 - 09:29 PM