UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Text Box Scrollbar Not Visible Useless In Focus, Access 2016    

Redsafety1
post May 31 2020, 11:27 AM
Post#21

Thank you all for your feedback / ideas and support.

I have installed 2016 32 bit version on a different PC and the text box works OK.

So I have gone back to my original PC and reinstalled the 64 bit version of access and found this to now displays the "compile error type mismatch" error when you open the form as does my 2nd PC.
The only commonality between the two 64bit installs of Access is that both PC's have Bitdefender install on both Pc's.

More digging for me I think.

Thanks again for all you support.

Go to the top of the page

pere_de_chipstic...
post May 31 2020, 12:14 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess Editor

Hi Redsafety1

Your 64 bit Access could be the cause, though the code has been updated and tested in a 64 bit system

Is there any reason you need to use 64 bit office? In general the only real advantage of 64 bit office is for (very) heavy users of excel. 64 bit Access has a no practical advantages (that I am aware of) and a number of disadvantages. Can you replace your office suite with 32 bit?

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie

Redsafety1
post Jun 1 2020, 06:35 AM
Post#23

Hi Pere_de_chipstick,

You have got me thinking that the target PC will be operating via an 32 bit office suite so from your code point of view all will be fine.
Given the overall point you rise about no practical advantages v a number of disadvantages I will uninstall my version and reinstall the 32bit version.

Thank you again

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    4th July 2020 - 08:59 AM