UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Filter Images, Attach To Pdf, Mail, And Delete, Access 2016    

hgraham
post Jun 24 2019, 04:29 PM
Post#1

I have avoided posting questions for some time, I thought It may be better to try and figure a few things out before I inundate people with questions, but its crunch time and I haven't been sleeping trying to get this done.
I am an inspector for an insurance company, we have an extremely inefficient process for completing inspections which results in a lot of double work, multiple people having to type in the same information etc. I have created a database to help. This is the process :
Go to Dashboard > then we will add our google spreadsheet, just a copy and paste (this will change eventually) >back to Dashboard>click on Policy Number>Inspection report FORM- fill out the inspection report, attach photos (they will get deleted soon after) >click "E-Mail report" and have the file with the photos converted to pdf and E-Mailed to the Underwriter> save a copy for ourselve and delete the record.

I have almost everything done, and am now hung up on the last part. I can send an e-mail that automatically adds the Recipient, Subject, and Body, I can also export a pdf with the images, but I can not seem to glue these together.
the issues with a filter, are that they eject the images, we must have a minimum size of a half page per photo, I got around this by making a query then adding a continuous sub report (I really don't know if any of this makes any sense I haven't slept in days and have been working on this for weeks) With all of the tornados and flooding we have had here in Oklahoma we are really slammed and need this to get working.

I have attached the database, try not to laugh, pull your hair out or yell at me, actually... any of that if fine, especially if you can offer some help.
Thank you for your time.
The file is too large to attach I guess, I put it in my Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a89tNQklk...wEGVdx52LTRMZ7R
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 24 2019, 04:33 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

If you already have a working report as you would like to attach it to an email, have you tried using the SendObject method? Just curious...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

hgraham
post Jun 24 2019, 07:54 PM
Post#3

I tried, but I couldn't get it to filter so that I could send only the report I was currently on. When I tried, I could not get the pictures to come through, just a .pdf minus the attachments. I am absolutely sure that there is something I am doing wrong. I have spent the last two days trying to cobble up some code to make it work. It is probably something simple that I am missing.

theDBguy
post Jun 24 2019, 08:04 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Are you able to post a sample copy of your db with test data, so we can see why it's not working?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

June7
post Jun 24 2019, 09:16 PM
Post#5

OP posted link to GoogleDrive file.

I have the file. Two VBA references I don't have available Webservices and Utility. Just unselected and seems to be okay.

I open Dashboard, select record, click Field Reports, nothing visibly happens.

I open Inspection Report form (advise to remove spaces from object names). Why is there an Email Report button with no code?

Try this code behind Email button:
CODE
    If Not IsNull(Me.[Policy Number]) Then
        DoCmd.OpenReport "InspectionReport", acViewReport, "", "[RecordID]=" & Me.RecordID, acNormal
        DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "InspectionReport", acFormatPDF, Me.TxtTo, , Me.[txtPolicyNumber] & [txtInsuredName], "Please See The Attached Inspection"
        DoCmd.Close acReport, "InspectionReport", acSaveNo
    End If

Email with PDF attachment created. The attached report is filtered and has images.

This post has been edited by June7: Jun 24 2019, 09:39 PM

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.
DEBUG! DEBUG! DEBUG! http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2019 - 05:31 PM