UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Send keystrokes to another application dialog box    

bbattles
post Apr 21 2014, 07:47 AM
Post#1

Can VBScripting, CScripting or WMI Scripting be used to enter information and click OK in an application's dialog box? Is there some way to detect this via the Shell or an API call?
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Apr 22 2014, 07:43 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Pretty sure the answer is No.
Perhaps if you describe what you're ultimately trying to accomplish, someone will be able to suggest a possibility.

bbattles
post Apr 22 2014, 08:52 AM
Post#3

I'm trying to devise a strategy to use VBA code to automatically relink dozens of tables in hundreds of Access databases from one Oracle server to another.
The trouble is that this company's security is set up so that whenever you first open a linked Oracle table you get the Oracle ODBC Login dialog box. (After that, you can open other tables linked to that Oracle database without logging in again...until you restart the Access application.)
Apparently you can't edit the MSysObjects table remotely, and using the Tabledefs collection to change the Tabledef.Connect string doesn't work because when you issue the Tabledef.RefreshLink command, that brings up the Oracle ODBC login dialog box.

Doug Steele
post Apr 22 2014, 11:06 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Must say I'm a little confused: you originally asked "Can VBScripting, CScripting or WMI Scripting be used...", but now you're saying you're "trying to devise a strategy to use VBA code...".
Since each user should have his/her own copy of the database, I don't really see why it's that big a deal. I'd have a module in each front-end that checks the connection string. If it's not the correct one, relink. So what if the user's prompted?
Are you using a DSN, or are you DSN-less? (DSN-less would always be my vote...) If using a DSN, can you just change its settings, rather than relinking the tables?

theDBguy
post Apr 22 2014, 04:24 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

This topic has been closed to minimize confusion among all thread participants. Please continue the discussion in this duplicate thread.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th December 2019 - 04:46 AM