UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Remove Small Line On Top Left Of Form?, Access 2016    

K356
post Mar 26 2020, 11:54 AM
Post#1

I have a really annoying problem where a small line is appearing in the top left corner of my form. It's not a control or anything that I inserted. I have tried everything to remove it with no luck. In design mode it simply doesn't exist but it appears in form view.

Does anyone have a suggestion to remove the line?

I have attached an image. Thank you
Attached File(s)
Attached File  small_line.JPG ( 9.76K )Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

Jeff B.
post Mar 26 2020, 12:03 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Please describe "everything". Perhaps there are potential solutions that you haven't considered.

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

K356
post Mar 26 2020, 12:28 PM
Post#3

I have opened it in design mode and moved all the existing controls away from that area. I adjusted the form header width but the line always appears under the form header. I'm not sure what else to try. I think the only way a line could appear there is if it's coming from a control and when I move all the controls out of that area the line is still there. It's like it doesn't exist in design mode but is somehow appearing in form and layout view. I've never seen this before. I guess I could recreate the form but I would rather not at this point because I need to deploy the database soon.

Jeff B.
post Mar 26 2020, 12:50 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

?any chance your form has header(s)/footer(s) with controls in them?

… and you may end up having to re-create the form if you can't get rid of that and/or can't live with it. How long do you think it would take to recreate? How much time have you already spent trying to find that?

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

theDBguy
post Mar 26 2020, 01:28 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Hi. Just a guess, but does turning the record selector off make any difference?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 26 2020, 01:57 PM
Post#6

UA Admin

This is a bit of a long shot, granted. Do you have a layout grid on the form? In some ways, the resembles what happens when you have empty cells in a layout with a zero height set.

Wait, I overlooked this line in one of your responses. "It's like it doesn't exist in design mode but is somehow appearing in form and layout view." That makes me think even more it's an empty cell in a layout grid.
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Mar 26 2020, 01:59 PM

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

K356
post Mar 26 2020, 02:15 PM
Post#7

Yes, it was the record selector. I didn't even consider that because it didn't look like the record selector was even there. I must of minimized it somehow and forgot. Thank you so much and thanks to everyone else for the suggestions.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    30th May 2020 - 08:48 AM