UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Specify Adress Of Folder Containing Clips, Any Version    

zocker
post Oct 11 2018, 02:49 AM
Post#1

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

Greetings All, good to 'see' you! I have made up a ppt presentation which has cmdButtons on some slides to show clips which are contained in a folder outside of ppt. I made it work! I would like to distribute it on a CD. I would then create a folder on the CD to contain the clips. So the problem will arise that on some computers thew CD will be drive D: on others drive E: any any others of course. How then can I ensure that the path to the clips is independent of the drive letter assigned?...a sort of variable for the address of the clips.

I have at the moment: C:\Folder\Folder\NewMusic.mp4

But need ThisCD: \Folder\NewMusic.mp4

Many thanks in advance. I don't work much with Access any more but look daily at the posts here!

Zocker

James

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.
Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Oct 11 2018, 06:04 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Zocker: See if THIS brute force approach will do what you need. It cycles through possible drives looking for a file.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

zocker
post Oct 11 2018, 04:16 PM
Post#3

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Z

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2018 - 01:19 AM