UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Splash screen    

Bondy
post Mar 30 2006, 10:26 AM
Post#1

Hello there

I've just had to update an old splash screen from one of our databases and I can't seem to get the new bmp to display.

Otook the existing splash bmp file (that was named the same as the db), edited it in Gimp2.0 to update a couple of logos on it and then saved it as a bmp. I renamed the original splash bitmap adding OLD to the end of its name and placing the new file (still named the same as the db) alongside the db. When launching the database the old version of the bmp was displayed, only after prefixing the old bmp filename with OLD did it not display the old bmp and instead showed no splash screen although the newly edited bmp was named exactly the same as the db file.

Is there some sort of format that the splash screen BMP file cannot exceeed? Colour depth or size?

Thanks

Bondy

Edited by: Bondy on Thu Mar 30 10:31:32 EST 2006.
Go to the top of the page

freakazeud
post Mar 30 2006, 10:30 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi,
I would go about this differently...I would delete all the pics out of the directory...then create an image which is 1x1 pixels and maybe the same color as the access bg...then I would use a custom form within access to display your splash screen and use the on timer event to leave it up as long as you wish...then close and open your menu or switchboard! Make this splashscreen form the first one to open (tools--startup...)
The problem with replacing the access pic is that with increasing recourses the image itself might not be displayed very long or at all if the computer is fast enough. With the form version you can control how long it will be displayed no matter what the user's system is like.
HTH
Good luck

Bondy
post Mar 30 2006, 10:38 AM
Post#3

Thanks,
don't think the users are that bothered about seeing the screen; but you know what its like when your company changes their logo, all old versions of the logo are banned under punishment of death! wink.gif
I'll do as you suggest, and probably wont leave it displayed for more than 2 secs
Cheers freakazeud

freakazeud
post Mar 30 2006, 10:46 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

You're welcome.
good luck on future projects!

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    28th January 2020 - 02:07 PM