UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intranet Excel File Sometimes Not Accessible..., Access 2013    

Miguel_A
post May 22 2019, 06:29 AM
Post#1

Hi

At work we are using a excel file that has a script made by me to do some cell's additions on a data table. The file it self is always open on the remote computer and since it's not possible to place the file locally (not even with an USB pen) the file is being placed remotely on some sort of a "cloud", but sometimes that "cloud" is not accessible and when that happens and if that happen when we are adding a row into the data table the script stop's working.

My understatement about what happen is the follow :
When adding a row with the script accessible, all it's fine and all row is added correctly, if we add a row when file is not accessible some of the automated data is not inserted (i think excel will try to read always the script when something triggers it) into the cell's and even after the connection is regained the script still no longer functions (i believe it's because debug mode is active cause the last attempt to read from script failed). For a small/fast solution i have added a button that run's a small script and i thing this will force the debug mode to go inactive again.

Is there any way to go around this ?
I mean maybe disable completely debug mode and/or force the temp file to have the script it self on it instead trying to read always from the remote file or something ?

Thanks in advance
This post has been edited by Miguel_A: May 22 2019, 06:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post May 22 2019, 06:48 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Why not test if the file is accessible and only interact with it if it is?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2018 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

Miguel_A
post May 22 2019, 07:20 AM
Post#3

And how can we do that ?
Isn't that some sort of scrip as well (if even possible)?

If file is not accessible and if the temp file does not keep the script on it and it has always to check for the script in the real file (that is not accessible), some script will never do nothing.

So not sure what you mean...

DeerSpotter
post May 22 2019, 10:30 AM
Post#4

try error catching and then doing a If statement for if source = < 0 Then else End if

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th June 2019 - 04:53 PM