UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Record Locking On Me Issue, Any Version    

damian.green
post Feb 19 2020, 09:23 AM
Post#1

I've turning on record locking on the edited record and it's working to a point. I'm finding that if I move between the main form and multiple sub data sheets that in some cases the record locks on me.
The records are stored in a SharePoint list and the database is shared with one other person, but they aren't in it at the time I'm having these issues.
F5 works to clear the lock but any thoughts on what's causing this issue or how to troubleshoot it? I dont' want to remove the record locking.
Go to the top of the page

BentBrain
post Feb 20 2020, 07:05 AM
Post#2

Hi Damian
Have you checked the following

From the File option on the Ribbon, select the Options option and then select the "Current Database" option.
The last option at the bottom of that page is the "Cashing Web Service and SharePoint tables" check box.
By default, this option is checked. Clear both of the sub-options and then uncheck the "Cashing Web Service and SharePoint tables" option.
That will stop the random record locking and the other weird data related issues.

Let me know if that helped.

Regards
BentBrain

--------------------
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion" Francis Bacon
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    2nd June 2020 - 06:25 AM