UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Side Menu Interface Revisioned, Office 2007    

jhcarrell
post Aug 3 2011, 11:57 AM
Post#61

Here is a preview of a couple of the features being added for version 10.
The side menu will now support use of quick launch buttons. Further enhancements regarding this feature are planned.
Attached File  SideMenuQuickLaunch.jpg ( 29.59K )Number of downloads: 334

Access to groups is no longer restricted to a hierarchical approach, meaning any particiular access level will now be able to access any particular menu group without giving access to lower/higher access levels.
Attached File  SideMenuGroupAccess.jpg ( 40.17K )Number of downloads: 260

J
Go to the top of the page

cocoflipper
post Aug 3 2011, 12:11 PM
Post#62

Hey J,
Have you given any thought, or found any prior code, on the reports/menu button issue? I would be hesitant to propose using my solution, because it uses the ribbon, but if that's the best solution at the moment, if might be good to fold into any new version of the side menu.

NigelShaw150
post Aug 3 2011, 01:28 PM
Post#63

Utterly Banned

I'll wait for version 10 before I modify the splitter
Cheers
N

josephbupe
post Aug 4 2011, 09:01 AM
Post#64

You are such a generous person. Please, also update the calender to be more like the outlook calendar when you are done with what you are working on.
appreciate. Stay well.
josephbupe

port_call
post Aug 4 2011, 09:48 AM
Post#65

Do you or anyone here know how to do this? and where exactly ? and what exaclty I need to add or adjust? thanks.

jhcarrell
post Aug 4 2011, 10:26 AM
Post#66

Do what? Please try to be a little more specific.

jhcarrell
post Aug 6 2011, 02:02 PM
Post#67

I haven't had time to adequately research this yet, but I'm quite ready to use the ribbon method either. Hopefully, I'll have time to give this more attention soon.

jhcarrell
post Aug 6 2011, 02:14 PM
Post#68

I've decided to delay the release of v10 for a bit longer while I'll further modify the side menu permissions functionality.

originalread
post Aug 8 2011, 10:58 AM
Post#69

I like the new enhancements! Keep up the good work!

cocoflipper
post Aug 8 2011, 06:16 PM
Post#70

I may (based upon time constraints and what I can work on in the coming days) post a version 9 1/2 (based on version 9) that includes the printing ribbon functionality, just so people have it as an option to include. It does work, but it's not optimal in my mind, either.
- I wanted to post this again in case you missed it....I posted a while back that the form unload event still seems like a sticking issue to this menu style. With forms in the workspace, the form's unload event (which has a cancel return parameter) does not get called when you use the side menu. The unload event is usually good to avoid closing a form if there exists data entered on the form that has not been saved (you can cancel in the unload, and avoid the form close event).
In your use of the menu, how have you overcome this?

jhcarrell
post Aug 9 2011, 08:39 AM
Post#71

I had missed that post. I have not addressed the scenerio you list above, but I believe the Open Item function in clsSideMenu could be modified to operate as a workaround. What I'm thinking (off the top of my head mind you) is that we could check the subform to see if it is dirty before loading a new item and proceed accordingly. I'll do some testing with this, but feel free to experiment in the mean time.

Frezenius
post Aug 9 2011, 02:20 PM
Post#72

hi,
It's look very beatiful.
But I 'm working on access 2003.
Can you change 2007 to 2003( v09.mdb)
so thanks!

port_call
post Aug 16 2011, 09:48 AM
Post#73

Can anyone show me the code or how to do more than 20 menu items

port_call
post Aug 16 2011, 10:10 AM
Post#74

Can you add code or a way to add more than 20 menu sub items, thanks <

recall
post Aug 18 2011, 07:06 AM
Post#75

Hi,
've implemented this interface into my database and it looks and works great - so thanks.
One thing I can't get to work however is the following :
If I create a form that can be viewed as a pop-up screen, on the close button I use the code 'Docmd.close'. However, if the form is opened into the workspace I use the code Forms![frmDesktop]![sfrmWorkspace].SourceObject = "FrmDashAdmin" - which shuts the form down. Because the 'side menu admin' offers the users / administrators the ability to change forms from 'show in workspace' or not, can someone please advise how I get the form to detect how it has been opened (i.e. in workspace or not) so when they press the close button it uses the correct code to shut the form down.
Thanks for any help offered,
Richard.

recall
post Aug 18 2011, 07:25 AM
Post#76

Hi,
've implemented this interface into my database and it looks and works great - so thanks.
One thing I can't get to work however is the following :
If I create a form that can be viewed as a pop-up screen, on the close button I use the code 'Docmd.close'. However, if the form is opened into the workspace I use the code Forms![frmDesktop]![sfrmWorkspace].SourceObject = "FrmDashAdmin" - which shuts the form down. Because the 'side menu admin' offers the users / administrators the ability to change forms from 'show in workspace' or not, can someone please advise how I get the form to detect how it has been opened (i.e. in workspace or not) so when they press the close button it uses the correct code to shut the form down.
Thanks for any help offered,
Richard.

Katty
post Aug 18 2011, 09:10 AM
Post#77

Recall,
don't know if it would work, but if it is VBA you are using for the close buttons on your form, you could test to see if the sourceobject is equal to the form the close button is supposed to be closing. If it is, then set the sourceobject = frmdeshadmin otherwise use docmd.close.
Something like
CODE
if forms![frmDesktop]![sfrmWorkspace].SourceObject = Me.name then
forms![frmDesktop]![sfrmWorkspace].SourceObject = "FrmDashAdmin"
else
docmd.close
end if

Complete aircode there. I am not sure exactly what property you would have to use from the form you are testing it from however name is the most likely.
Kat

jazzthieve
post Aug 21 2011, 07:19 AM
Post#78

Hello, I have a small question. how can I make the navigation pane be hidden by default when the user logs in. I tried changing bits of code on the on open event of frmdesktop but with no luck.

port_call
post Aug 22 2011, 05:54 AM
Post#79

Can you tell me how? I'm not much on coding, still learning
thansk <

recall
post Aug 30 2011, 07:36 AM
Post#80

Can someone help me please with the side menu interface. I've created a form with a subform (called ChildForm) on this. The subform is a datasheet. When I click on a button on the main form I want to implement code which changes the rowsource of the subform. I've used the following code. Problem is I'm getting an error of 'object doesn't support this property or method'. Does anyone know where I am going wrong please :
!--c1-->
CODE
[Forms]![frmDesktop]![sfrmWorkspace].[Form]![ChildForm].RecordSource = "SELECT LoadNumberID, HaulierID, HaulierIDSecondary, LoadType, Costed FROM Upload_TblLoads;"

I've got around the problem so far by creating 2 subforms with the 2 scenarios I want to list and they become hidden or visible depending on what button the user presses, however I'd like to do things properly by changing the recordsource.

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th September 2019 - 05:38 PM