UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Docmd.outputto Acoutputreport, Acformatpdf 2501 Error Solved,, Access 2016    

jkdata
post Jan 17 2020, 08:45 AM
Post#1

This may help somebody. The above error is generally thrown when there is an issue with the path. However it can be misleading at times.

I had a problem with Access 2016 and the below statement in VBA and couldn't find a solution other than those metioning they had submitted a invalid path or there were permission errors.

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "yourreportname", acFormatPDF, "yourdestinationpath"

If you have satisfied all the criteria mentioned in the 2501 error and still have a problem ie you have verified the path is valid maybe by using it to save some other pdf
and
If when you try to save a report from print preview to a PDF either manually or from VBA you get "now outputting .. etc etc" but the save bombs with a 2501 error ie the "database cannot save the output data to the file you have selected".

THEN CHECK that nobody has copied and pasted data into one of your database text fields used in your report (possibly from word) that contains a numbered list. This crashed the output for me (only as a pdf, rtf etc was fine) after the now outputting statements. Examining the text for all characters in notepad++ did not help as everything looked normal but nevertheles the conversion barfs everytime.

Hope this helps someone.

J

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 17 2020, 11:11 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi J. Welcome to UtterAccess and thanks for sharing your solution/experience.

welcome2UA.gif

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    31st May 2020 - 12:26 PM