UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error Message: The Setting You've Entered Isn't Valid For This Property, SharePoint Foundation 2010    

Slicemahn
post May 24 2019, 12:10 PM
Post#1

Hi UA Nation,

This is an error message that I receive when double clicking a SharePoint List/table object to open it. The list will open after this message is shown but I want to know why.

When I click the help it further says:

An invalid condition was encountered by Access due to a value that you entered for a field or table property. Review the table for any changes which might be out of range or are not supported by the table.

Examine any changes that you may have made to the table and, if possible, revert back to a previous copy of either the database or the table to determine the differences in your settings.

I haven't made any changes?!!
Has anyone encountered an error like this? If so, how did you handle it? I reviewed the table and some of the operations of writing to the SharePoint calendar from Access and everything seems to be fine, but I am not absolutely sure.

I thank everyone for their help with this conundrum.

Slice

--------------------
Let me ask you a question: What do you think of a person who does the bare minimum? ..Office Space 1999
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 24 2019, 12:22 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Slice. Does it continue to happen even if you delete the link and then recreate it again?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Slicemahn
post May 24 2019, 01:23 PM
Post#3

Hi DbGuy,

Unfortunately it does.

Slice

--------------------
Let me ask you a question: What do you think of a person who does the bare minimum? ..Office Space 1999

theDBguy
post May 24 2019, 02:05 PM
Post#4

Does this happen only with one particular List or with any of them?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Slicemahn
post May 27 2019, 07:20 PM
Post#5

All Lists except the users list has this problem.

--------------------

theDBguy
post May 27 2019, 08:02 PM
Post#6

Hi. Thanks for the update. You did say you're double-clicking the List from the Nav Pane, correct? At this point, without actually seeing what you got, it would be either something in your Access install or the settings (like permissions) in SharePoint. To actually figure it out, we'll have to get our hands on the problem (Access machine and SharePoint server).

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2019 - 04:56 AM